Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody had issues with there fuel pumps? went out for a rip with some friends last week and all of a sudden the rzr would just die when stopping to open a gate etc. did this a few times then it would start dying when driving. checked over everything I could (plugs/filter/wiring etc) with nothing helping. after a bunch of pi$$ing around I noticed that my fuel pump sounded louder than normal. if I cycled the key about 4 times I could finally hear it pull fuel and build pressure. rzr would start at that point and make it about a km then die again. stopped for lunch and decided to pull the pump out of the tank. didn't find anything visually wrong but gave it a couple good wacks and reinstalled. worked fine the rest of the day, even towed back a 4 seater about 15km. anybody have this issue?

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
We had one fail one time. Was during a race too. She was running and pulling perfect up till she just wasn't! Came around a tight corner, bogged one time... then just ran out of fuel a couple yards later. That was pretty much it too. It would crank and idle, but as soon as pedal was mashed it would die.

This was on a 2015 with around 800 miles on it. Took a couple days to diagnose it, but popped in a new one and it ran perfectly untill we sold it around the 1200 mile mark.

·
Registered
55 Posts
We had one fail one time. Was during a race too. She was running and pulling perfect up till she just wasn't! Came around a tight corner, bogged one time... then just ran out of fuel a couple yards later. That was pretty much it too. It would crank and idle, but as soon as pedal was mashed it would die.

This was on a 2015 with around 800 miles on it. Took a couple days to diagnose it, but popped in a new one and it ran perfectly untill we sold it around the 1200 mile mark.
All these fuel pumps use a garbage isolator that hold the pump pushed into the housing. The isolator fails, and becomes squishy, allowing the pump to slip out of the housing. POLARIS, it’s time to acknowledge the problem and make it right. Please hold yourself to the standard that I know you can and should. This is my 4th Rzr. The problem is obvious. OWN IT!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts