Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Can't 'Member.
585 Posts
I have an inquiry in to IMS products. They build several auxilary tanks for SXS's. Thye make a 5 gallon model that requires relocating the battery. If it fits the Turbo S, which I think it will, this will be the way I go. I want more fuel but am very relucatant to use anything that mounts in the bed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I carry a 5 liter gas can in the bed. It’s as far away from the exhaust as I can place it. It’s actually a NATO oil can so it can pressurize safely and won’t vent. It’s not much gas but I like the backup. I also have a Trail Tank with an extra 2 gallons of capacity.

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
The IMS aux tank will fit the Turbo and Turbo S but their battery relocation does not work because the turbo physically gets in the way. Some people have relocated battery to under the dash or under the hood on their own to use it. If you have a 4 seater Rockready has something that he might sell that he used on his personal rig, 2 seaters I have not seen a battery relocation option that is for sale, only custom.

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
558 Posts
Kinda apples to oranges. All 3 of those toys you listed are mostly 1 person and very easy to get off/away from if they were to catch fire.

In a RZR you are secured with seatbelts or harnesses, doors(which might not open in a rollover) and may have 1-3 passengers. I ride with my wife and 2 small kids. I bought the IMS tank because I figured if my RZR did catch fire(from other fuel carry methods) I would be lucky to get everyone out in time. Even if you have fire extinguishers within arms reach you still have to be able to get out of the vehicle.

What happens if you rollover and get stuck upside down and have tension on the belts and can’t release them? Do you have a knife strapped to the dash within arms reach to be able to cut harness straps or a seatbelt?

Do whatever makes you feel comfortable in the end, ignorance is bliss I guess.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts