Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about moving to a turbo from a 1K 4 seater. Is the extra gas usage really noticeable? They have to use more because they make more power right? On a long ride are you puckered up hoping you make it back or is it really not a big worry? Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Re: Fuel milage

I have a 2018 Polaris RZR XP 4 Turbo and I haven't really seen much of a difference on 1k rzr's. I think it might also depend on how you drive. I like to be as smooth as possible. To me smooth is fast.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,733 Posts
Re: Fuel milage

They use a little more than a 1k... until you put your foot down, then they use ALOT more. I’ve gotten everywhere from 60 miles - 140 miles out of a tank

Sent from my iPhone using RZRForums.net

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys sounds like a jet ski I had years ago. You could cuise around and be fine but if you got in it you would go through 10 gal in 2 hrs.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I get around 7 to 8 miles to the gallon on my 900 in the sand. This includes big dunes and getting on it to keep up with the 1,000’s.

·
Registered
131 Posts
The turbo's do use more fuel for sure. When we are just cruising the desert, the 1000's get around 145 to 160 miles to a tank(the way we ride) and the turbo's (and the 1000's with aftermarket turbo's) get around 115 to 130 to a tank.

·
Registered
456 Posts
My 2019 XPT4, I would be terrified to push much past 80 miles on a tank. That’s riding southern WV. Lots of low range, but then some high speed wide open runs as well. Lots of ups and downs.

·
Registered
750 Posts
The turbo's do use more fuel for sure. When we are just cruising the desert, the 1000's get around 145 to 160 miles to a tank(the way we ride) and the turbo's (and the 1000's with aftermarket turbo's) get around 115 to 130 to a tank.
130 miles with an XPT? How? I'm sweating bullets at 90 miles no matter how much I baby it

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
2,733 Posts
130 miles with an XPT? How? I'm sweating bullets at 90 miles no matter how much I baby it
Low cruising speeds and low throttle on flat ground in H lol, i did it when i was breaking in my machine.

You get better mileage out of ethanol free fuel too, just fyi. I made it to 140 miles on a tank (before 32's, before a tuner, just an off the floor machine), and was running ethanol free, put 9.3 gallons in it at the pump after. But yeah, now, with gear reduction, 32's, tuner, and all the added weight, and a generally heavier foot. 100 is a HUGE stretch.... I'm using looking for fuel around 80 in my normal riding conditions.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for chiming in. I think I am going to stay with my 1000 for awhile till the new ones with the bigger tanks are out. All this info really helped.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Low cruising speeds and low throttle on flat ground in H lol, i did it when i was breaking in my machine.

You get better mileage out of ethanol free fuel too, just fyi. I made it to 140 miles on a tank (before 32's, before a tuner, just an off the floor machine), and was running ethanol free, put 9.3 gallons in it at the pump after. But yeah, now, with gear reduction, 32's, tuner, and all the added weight, and a generally heavier foot. 100 is a HUGE stretch.... I'm using looking for fuel around 80 in my normal riding conditions.
Just wanted to add, that I too, run 90 Non-Ethanol in our 2016 900S stock machine.... I run it all the boats except, the BBC 572" in our Talon, that needs 93 Non-Ethanol... no fuel related problems, other chit breaks instead! LOL:wink

·
Registered
102 Posts
2019 turbo averaging 14.2 in 590 mile (best 15.6)
my 2019 1000 xp averaged 15.4 in about 300 miles that i had it (best 16.7)
conclusion not alot different a little less with the turbo about a mile to the gallon difference
both running 91 octane non ethanol

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
2015 Rzr 1K with 13.5k miles. 18 mpg since new with 91 octane fuel with ethanol. I calculate all my trips on 15 mpg when riding. It has never let me down on fuel / mileage calculations. That said I don’t have a lead foot. Mostly trail riding. I have checked the mileage on a regular basis.

·
Registered
63 Posts
2008 Rzr 800. When riding on easy trails at 25mph or so I get around 20mpg. When I get into rough trails I get substantially less mpg.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts