Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2012 170 and have a question about upgrades. My machine is fuel injected so I don't worry about altitude changes. A ride can go from 300 feet ASL to 2500+ ASL over the course of a weekend. I've been reading about "jetting" for different altitudes but was curious if anyone's installed (successfully) a fuel injection system to eliminate the need to rejet.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Holtzman ataac

I just purchased a 2012 170 and have a question about upgrades. My machine is fuel injected so I don't worry about altitude changes. A ride can go from 300 feet ASL to 2500+ ASL over the course of a weekend. I've been reading about "jetting" for different altitudes but was curious if anyone's installed (successfully) a fuel injection system to eliminate the need to rejet.
If you're looking to get a carbed engine to "compensate for temp & altitude" like EFI, jet it for minus 20 and NEVER re-jet again!

HOLTZMAN Engineering in Eagle River Wisconsin manufactures a $ 245.00 product called ATAAC
Automatic
Temperature
And
Altitude
Compensator.

EZ to install on carbed engines,(Takes about an hour to install on a carbureted sled, just jet for - 20 at the "Base" altitude and you're done "fiddling") although I have not installed one on a RZR, yet.............

But I did personally install these ATAAC units on (5) different sleds, went from 900 feet in Altitude in the Midwest to 8000'+ in Yellowstone, all sleds performed flawlessly.

It does everything it claims. More responsive, mileage improves as well.

holtzman engineering, inc.
or Call Barry Holtzman, (you won't get an automated voice-mail) he actually answers the phone, real knowledgeable guy to talk to

Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts