Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It does not seem to be very linear. I was down to 2 bars out of 8 and I was only able to put in 3.5 gallons.

What have you experienced?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
No issues with mine if I remember correctly about 2 bars on mine takes around 5 gallons to fill up,Maybe your float arm is bent? How long does it stay on Full? seems like mine stays on full for quite a while

·
Registered
24 Posts
It does not seem to be very linear. I was down to 2 bars out of 8 and I was only able to put in 3.5 gallons.

What have you experienced?
Mine does the same thing. I took it back to the dealer and they replaced the entire pump / sending unit assembly under warranty but I don't know that it actually made a difference. I haven't ridden much over these winter months. But it doesn't seem right because a couple years ago I rented a 570 and it seemed like it would go half a day before you'd see the first bar drop on the gauge.

·
Registered
681 Posts
My '13 is pretty much dead-on throughout the entire range.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have zero confidence in the Ride Now service department and would rather not let them get their hands on my 2017 RZR. I can "learn" the gauge - most of the boats I've owned and the Jeep I do own had wildly nonlinear gauges and I would get to know them and all was good.

I just wanted to know what others experienced.

IowaFord - let me know if the replacement gauge is any better - I still have 5 months warranty left.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I know it's an old thread but I was looking and didn't want to start a new one. I (thought) I ran my first tank of gas through my brand new 570 as it was down to one bar. I am breaking it in so it only has 7 hours on it. When I pulled into the pump I looked and it only had just under 80 miles on it. So I was shocked hearing stories of people getting 20 plus MPG's. Then it only took 3.6 gallons so it was just at half tank even though my gauge was bouncing between only 1 and 2 bars. It sucks the gauge is off that much but I'm glad to find out I was not getting 10-12 mpg's, and a little over 22. Reading on here it seems more people than not have issues with fuel gauge accuracy. Once I hit the trails I'll have to learn how many miles per tank I can get.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yep - I have 3600 miles on my 2017 and have "learned" the gauge - I get it down to blinking and still have over a gallon in the tank - guess I'll have to run it dry some day to see how much I can put in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Same experience, 75 miles and could just barely get 3.5 gallons in the tank even though it was down to 2 bars.

·
Registered
301 Posts
My 2013 has always been pretty linear as well. Half a tank on the gauge is about 4 gallons if I fill it all they way up to the neck.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My 2013 has always been pretty linear as well. Half a tank on the gauge is about 4 gallons if I fill it all they way up to the neck.
What we are saying is many of our gauges are NOT linear. The tank gauges reads lower than the actual gas in the tank.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts