Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No fuel gauge indicator. When the key is first turned on the fuel gauge is there but once I start the engine there's no fuel gauge. Does anyone know the testing instructions for the electrical connecter at the fuel tank to be sure I have power to the tank for the gauge?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well sorry to bring up an older post. I'm now on my 3rd fuel sending unit. Each time the fuel gauge just stops working and it kicks a check engine light. Only fix is to replace the sending unit. I need to figure out why it's burning up the sensor because replacing a $400 sending unit for a $10 sensor is getting old quick. 180 miles and 23 running hrs. 3 sending unit now and this one is say bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry you’re having trouble on such a new machine. Are you swapping the failed sender units out or is a dealership doing it? You mentioned they are burned up, are they failing electrically open? If they are showing signs of heat damage that’s bad, scary. Heat or potential fire in the fuel tank! If the fuel level is low enough and a spark occurs in the vapor above the fuel level that’s a bad day.

Does the ohm value change when you move the float up and down? I’m wondering if there are wires chafing somewhere in the loom between the instrument cluster and the tank area? Its hard to imagine a situation that would originate in the cluster that would short hard enough to fail the sender and not damage the cluster too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Cluster is fine, dealer is doing any repairs. Ohm valve didn't change after the sensor goes bad. It reads 0.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts