Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I just put an FMF powercore 4 S/A on my basically stock 2009 LE. I am also running a K&N filter... anyway, checked the plugs and it appears I am running a little lean (checked plugs). I put the exhaust on for sound not looking for a huge performance gain! Now on to my question...

I am looking for advice on a pretty basic (under $250) fuel controller. I am just looking for something that has a basic map for my situation. I don't want to have to monitor it constantly or anything, just set it and go.

What do you guys recommend? I am looking at the Dynatek FI but don't want to get screwed. Please let me know what you recommend that is around $250 and is literally plug and play.

Thanks in advance.
Joe

·
Registered
617 Posts
I use a PowerCommander, but I know of a lot of people that have used the Dobeck controller with good success and it's about $250.

·
Registered
4,105 Posts
Where do you ride? The K&N is not the best for dust intrusion prevention, it may breathe more than others but the RZR top end realy hates dust like no other motor i have ever seen. I run K&N on everything but the RZR.

·
Registered
617 Posts
X2. Get rid of the K&N. It's pretty much a sure thing you'll start using oil then you'll be getting a top end job(at best) or seized engine (at worst). If you really want to keep it, I'd get a foam wrap for it, but not an Outerwear style.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mostly do a lot of woods/trail riding without too much dust. Would you recommend a Uni filter instead of the K&N or just go back to stock? I ran quite a bit last summer with just the stock filter and really didn't have much trouble. I just always switch stuff out to K&N. Maybe it should be UNI or something else.

Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I can think of three, relatively simple things. In decreasing order of preference, they would be:
1. Snorkel the stock box and put a K&N on top of the snorkel. The K&N's make great pre-filters
2. Stock with a Uni-style oiled foam wrap. The stock paper isn't really too bad, it just gets overloaded with the leaking air plumbing, seal, location, etc.
3. K&N in the stock airbox with a Uni-style oiled foam wrap

I have a full, bulldozer-style Donaldson mounted to the side of the bed, with direct plumbing to the throttle body, with 5 stages of filtration if you count the Outerwear and the filter turbine blades as a stage. It's massive, and nothing gets by it. It's overkill, but after my engine seized from the dust problem and I got a new motor from Polaris, I wasn't going to let dust kill it.

·
xc racer
1,313 Posts
doesn't the dynatek fuel controller have to be used with the dynatek ignition box? if so you are looking closer to $500.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts