Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can't get anyones hand in far enough to pull the release latch.
We need to sometimes pull the seats up to access fuses, batteries etc and no way can we reach the release latch.

Is there any trick to this?
Why did you do it this way?
Is their a fix for it?

Wish we stayed with stock.
Expensive, frustrating mistake.

·
I Like It Dirty!
1,295 Posts
Tie a tether of some sort to the release latch and pull it through the seat and figure out how to keep it from falling back through. Then all you have to do is pull the tether.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tether won't work it's a goofy plastic flap we can't reach.
There is 2 holes in the latch you can attach a strap or tether to be able to release the latch remotely .
That's just it we can't remove the seats in the first place to access the latch.
Should not have to if you think about it.
Really bad design.

Looking like the dealer will destroy the seats to remove them but I'll have to eat the cost.

Sad, frustrating deal. No help from Pro Armor.

·
Registered
156 Posts
You could come from underneath with a pin hole to push up on the release tab, maybe. Look at another machine to figure out exact location for a 1/4" hole.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
in the past i have added a pull strap for seat removal & attached to the tab
and the prp seats come with a built in pull strap in which you just attach to the base tab

·
Registered
156 Posts
Once you get the seats out, attach the tether strap to the plastic tab like others are saying. Just went out and looked, if you measure accurately should be able to put a small hole just below the release tab and push a screw driver through to release. Then just put one of the plastic pushpins in the hole, like it never happened. The sawzall would be a very last resort for me, kind of like busting the window out cause I locked the keys in the truck. Take a step back and consider the options, the sawzall should not really be one of those. You could possibly put a small slit in bottom back of seat that could be sewn up later.

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
The basic problem is that your seat is adjusted too far back. I am guessing the back of the seat is pushed all the way to back up against the plastic. I had that issue too. The Pro Armor seats I have, the bottom cushion is held in place with velcro. So if you can, pull out the bottom cushion. It takes a good pull the velcro is strong. Pull the seat cushion out and have someone with smaller hands and arm reach behind and then under the seat to get to the latch and have them pull up... Once you have the seat off, adjust the mounting bracket back toward to back of the seat only about an inch and half. That should make the latch much easier to get to. The tether is also a very good idea. I did have that on my 900... It really is an easy adjustment once someone with smaller hand and arm can gets it unlatched... I hope this helps

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The basic problem is that your seat is adjusted too far back. I am guessing the back of the seat is pushed all the way to back up against the plastic. I had that issue too. The Pro Armor seats I have, the bottom cushion is held in place with velcro. So if you can, pull out the bottom cushion. It takes a good pull the velcro is strong. Pull the seat cushion out and have someone with smaller hands and arm reach behind and then under the seat to get to the latch and have them pull up... Once you have the seat off, adjust the mounting bracket back toward to back of the seat only about an inch and half. That should make the latch much easier to get to. The tether is also a very good idea. I did have that on my 900... It really is an easy adjustment once someone with smaller hand and arm can gets it unlatched... I hope this helps
We are so far beyond all that.
But thanks anyway.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Lots of really talented mechanics and friends have been at this with me,, we've tried it all and thanks for the tips.

If you can't get the seat removed in the first place, no way to do anything else.

If Pro Armor helps us in some way, then they'll feel obligated to help other customers.
Remember this thread if you go to buy Pro Armor. Or watch this thread suddenly vanish,,,,,

·
Registered
648 Posts
Had the same issue. Came in from the front, under the seat, with a very strong long (2') screwdriver. Was able to push up on the bottom of the release lever. You don't need to move it much. Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
What were they thinking when they designed the seats?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Had the same issue. Came in from the front, under the seat, with a very strong long (2') screwdriver. Was able to push up on the bottom of the release lever. You don't need to move it much. Give it a try.
We'll give that a try. Damn it's a tight fit.
Thanks

What were they thinking when they designed the seats?
Screw the customer, we're bought out by Polaris, it's their problem now.

Which pro armor seats do you have exactly
I'll post some pix.
No adjustments, it's fixed position.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts