Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 08 800. i have seen these winch bumpers that mount the winch up in frt. of radiator.. i just have a tubular front bumper on mine. i am a welder and fabricator. i was wondering has any of you modified the frt. bumper to mount a winch up higher. if so does it block the air flow to rad. any one have pictures

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have been thinking of doing the same thing. You might want to check out EMP's bumper, theres a video of the install that shows alot of the brackets. I think it would fairly easy to replicate.
i have a 08 800. i have seen these winch bumpers that mount the winch up in frt. of radiator.. i just have a tubular front bumper on mine. i am a welder and fabricator. i was wondering has any of you modified the frt. bumper to mount a winch up higher. if so does it block the air flow to rad. any one have pictures

·
Registered
687 Posts
Just be careful if your mounting to a polaris bumper. They are mounted to the radiator support, which has been known to be extremely weak.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes i noticed that, i going to try to beef up the front support. i just don't want to add a bunch of weight. the main thing is, does it have any effect on the cooling system?:redrzr:

·
Registered
250 Posts
I prefer the warn winch bumper. Gets winch up high out of the mud and water. Also give you something solid to push through brush. please keep in made that it is heavy and you will want to upgrade your front spring if you attadd the warn bumper + winch. i went with Solaris sportsman rear springs to replace my front. The spring rate is higher so you have more umuph to hold the massive bumper.
Its also good for plowing as you are pulling directly up on the plow. Defiantly need new spring if u add plow.

2008 50" RZR on 27 mudlites, warn front bumper, winch front and rear, uni steer power steering, warn provantage plow with power pivot, half windshield and rag top, emp intake, odyeesy battery....

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts