Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best place to buy front wheel bearings? How hard is it to change them? I already have ball joints, and brakes imma goona to change everything while im in there. The bearings are toast.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
how many bearings is there up front?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
4 of them ... and I had the bearing numbers ... but cant find them ... it wasnt a Polaris number , but a better sealed replacement number for 09 and earlier!

I will look for it tomorrow!!

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
If you need them fast there is a shop in Idaho that keeps them in stock.
I can look up the name tomorrow off my reciept.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Polaris #3514583 $30.52 2 per assembly needed ... correct me if I am wrong?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Owens Cycles in WA ...talk to Joush .... he gives deals to RZR forum members ... (509) 575-1916

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok thanks cwspfx. Are the aftermarket ones any better?

·
In the swamp.
175 Posts
What is the best place to buy front wheel bearings? How hard is it to change them? I already have ball joints, and brakes imma goona to change everything while im in there. The bearings are toast.
Whatever you do make sure you take the time to repack the new bearings with a high quility grease. they will last a lot long that way.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wonder is American Star bearing and tire rod ends are any good they have good prices they are on ebay.Anybody ever tried them?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Whatever you do make sure you take the time to repack the new bearings with a high quility grease. they will last a lot long that way.
???? It's a one piece sealed bearing in each hub.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I ordered the ones from ebay for $53. I plan on installing them this weekend, I will elt you know how they turn out. The bearings are actually KML bearings which a few people told me were good so who knows.

·
Registered
225 Posts
does anyone have the part number off of the actual bearing so i can call a local dealer in town and see if they have them in stock?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Are the front and rear wheel bearings a press fit in the Carrier/Knuckle? Have never had my 09 apart to fix a bearing(yet) and I know my days are numbered.

Thanks

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
yes, I used a hammer and a socket to punch them out. just use a socket or something that is the right diameter to hit the outside ring of the bearing, so you don't damage the race.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts