Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled my front diff. and sent it to Sandcraft and had it bulletproofed as preventative work. Just took part right side and on 1st ride, the left axle popped out. Thought maybe I did not have it snapped in all the way, so when I pulled it, I replaced it with a new I had as spare. Next ride it popped out again, upon examinatio, I noticed the original was 1” longer. Is the TRE axle Different than the othe XP’s?

·
Super Moderator
6,354 Posts
So i have 2020 TRE and i have spare axles from my old 2015 xp 1000.
Are you saying they wont fit because they are different ?
Correct, they will not fit. The XPT, TRE, HL18+ uses the same front axles. They are larger and a different spline than a 1k. The rear axles are different as well (larger shafts and CVs) but will work in an emergency.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Correct, they will not fit. The XPT, TRE, HL18+ uses the same front axles. They are larger and a different spline than a 1k. The rear axles are different as well (larger shafts and CVs) but will work in an emergency.
Thanks for the info .

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The axle from the XP I installed fit and locked in. It came out after a rigorous test ride. Upon examination found the collar on the outside cv was 1” longer than the original.

·
Registered
605 Posts
TRE is.the same as a turbo .

I don't think so. . . . .

Buddy has a 2014 XP1000.

Broke an axle and we went into Durango Polaris dealer. They where out of stock axles for XP1000. They had turbo axles and a TRE axle.

TRE had completely different splines than a turbo. And neither one would fit his XP1000

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Not sure what they sent me then. After having the front diff. rebuilt my axle popped out, replaced it with the new one, made sure it was locked in and it popped out. It was 1” shorter than the original.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I don't think so. . . . .

Buddy has a 2014 XP1000.

Broke an axle and we went into Durango Polaris dealer. They where out of stock axles for XP1000. They had turbo axles and a TRE axle.

TRE had completely different splines than a turbo. And neither one would fit his XP1000
Well SuperAtv just confirmed what I posted.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts