Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone removed the front sway bar on the 18 Dynamix, does the Dynamix System keep the car from leaning too far in the corners, and does
the car ride more comfortably without the front sway bar.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You only need to unhook one side to test. And could run it that way forever it you wanted.

An opinion, and an unqualified one at that, is that sometimes an over-rated step. A sway bar is fully inactive when both tires are moving in concert. It only acts when one side is in motion state contrary to the first. In a corner that's an advantage, in rock crawling or relate off camber it's a disadvantage.

Shock Therapy reports, and I have no reason to doubt them, that articulation limitation is far more ascribed to the rear sway bar than the front. But that's more a rock crawling thing. Comfort? In random bumps, like say a rock strewn trail, it would be improved. It's my belief the front sway bar stiffness is a compromise leaned towards moderate performance. It's not even on the 1000XP, the turbos' lower HP brother, so the moment you began talking comfort you pretty much answered if you should at least try it.

Might the dynamax help? Technically yes. Does it really? You can wait for others, but it will still just be opinions assuming what you like. I really do encourage you to just go unbolt the link and try it out.

Best of luck w/it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I probably will unhook/remove the front sway bar, you can't just unhook one side as it will hit the A arms during
use so it must be removed to even try. The dynamix changes as far as leaning between the comfort mode
and the firm mode, so I believe that without a sway bar it will be barely noticeable, We will see. I was hoping that someone had done this and I could benefit from their experience.
Thanks for your thoughts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts