Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else notice that you can't slide the front seats back as far as the mount will allow due to the metal hoops that the seat backs rest on. They are positioned to keep the seat far enough away from the bar so passengers don't get hands smashed. But since I mainly have kids riding in the back and they can't comfortably hold onto the bar anyway I "adjusted" the hoop behind the diver's seat and gained 2-3 inches of leg room for the driver. Might not be a good idea if you have adults who will hold onto the bar.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After some more thinking I decided to slide it back forward some to prevent anyone from getting there fingers smaashed. You could actually go all the way back so no one could get their fingers inbeween the bar and the seat and rear passengers could hold on eiher side of the seat but I figure that would wear a hole in the seat.

Anywho I got about an extra 1"-2" of leg room out of this and the rear passenger can still hold on without getting their fingers smashed.

Sorry..crappy cell phone pics..

·
Registered
29 Posts
thats good to know . i have the slider also, never really looked if it could go back any farther.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats good to know . i have the slider also, never really looked if it could go back any farther.
Actually I don't have sliders yet. The stock mount bases are slottled..even with the seats against those stops on the cage there is quite a bit of adjustment left on the stock mounts.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I had some of those removable hand holds from my old Rhino. You know the ones, they have the velcro that wraps around the bar and the hand hold part has rubber on it and looks sort of like a motorcycle grip.

Anyway, I took those and wrapped them to the bar behind the front seats so that my kids (both little) can reach those more comfortably than they can the bar. Plus, I have my harnesses wrapped around the bar and so if the front passenger's body weight shifts, my kids won't get their fingers pinched in the harness.

The plus side to this is that if you give kids (little) a place to SPECIFICALLY keep their hands (rather than anywhere on that bar), they stand a better chance of keeping them there and out of harms way in the event of a roll-over.

Dave

·
Registered
235 Posts
I bent my drivers side hoop right off to gain a little more room. It keeps my knees out of the dash.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bent my drivers side hoop right off to gain a little more room. It keeps my knees out of the dash.
LOL...I would have cut it off but I actually wanted it tight against the seat to kind of stabilize the seat back. I've got it set up so I have to force the seat down to latch it and it makes it so the seat back doesn't move around.

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
i just cut mine off too for installation of my new ts seats.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts