Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't laugh - buddy of mine swears by this - and after climbing with him in his 800, I'm a believer. Steering is kind of twitchy, but this thing was climbing the tallest and steepest dunes that some ATV's with paddles were having problems with. Much faster than other SXS with only rear paddles as well.

My 900 is bone stock and staying that way - I was thinking 9 paddles for the back, but what up front? 8 paddles? Or 8 paddles all the way around?

What's the best/ fastest tire for the sand? I've always had good luck with Skat-Trak Extremes on bigger/ heavier/ higher horsepower machines, aired down to 2 psi the flotation is amazing.

·
Registered
891 Posts
My guess is your 900 will own your buddies setup every day of the wee and twice on Sundays. The only problem I see with that setup is steering on hardpack at speed. If all you do is race up and down hills I suppose that would be fine. Never tried it myself let us know how it works for you.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ran paddles on all fours 1 time and that was to climb $100 hill at the cinders. I made it on a bone stock xp900. I will never do it again for either thing."climbing $100 in a SxS or paddles on all fours". When I was done riding at the end of the week i was so tired from trying to hand on to the steering wheel. Run 16 paddles STU on the rear no cut and smoothie on the front. talk to dave at fullerton tire.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Don't laugh - buddy of mine swears by this - and after climbing with him in his 800, I'm a believer. Steering is kind of twitchy, but this thing was climbing the tallest and steepest dunes that some ATV's with paddles were having problems with. Much faster than other SXS with only rear paddles as well.

My 900 is bone stock and staying that way - I was thinking 9 paddles for the back, but what up front? 8 paddles? Or 8 paddles all the way around?

What's the best/ fastest tire for the sand? I've always had good luck with Skat-Trak Extremes on bigger/ heavier/ higher horsepower machines, aired down to 2 psi the flotation is amazing.
I have a set of Mudlight Mohawks with stagger paddles that would match up with a set of Skats. 4 sale 4 cheap! if you wanna go that route.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Fullerton sand tires all the way....
What ever he says, just buy what he says.
I don't care what anyone else says, Daves the man.

·
Premium Member
938 Posts
X3 on the STU #2 comp cut, full paddle and matching smoothies. Plus run in AWD. Perfect for turbo 900/800. Run #1 paddle for stockers.

·
Registered
948 Posts
My 2010 Crew would make it to about 10ft from the the top of comp hill at Buttercup with the stock front PXTs and Doonz on the rear. I swapped the front to my buddies 26x11x12 8 paddle Dunestars and I still only made to about 10ft from the top of the hill. It might work a little better on something with a little more power to spin all 4 better but it doesn't seem worth the negative impact it has on the steering.

And did you ever see how it compared to running knobbies on the front of his machine, you can't compare to other machines even of the same model there are to many variables.

·
Registered
86 Posts
We've run paddles front and back on my wife's Rhino since 2006,25x8 ,8 paddle in the front and 25x12,8 paddle rear.The Rhino steers fine with this setup.The wife has never complained about it being hard to steer or handling bad,she runs it in 2wd most the time accept on the big hills.I run smooth front tires on my XP because of the power differance,i don't think you would meet a hill you would have to need paddles up front with a good set of paddles in the rear and lot's of throttle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I ran with 4 paddles on my turbo s once. It was a blast, but it tore up my belt something bad. After a few runs up Crapo at St. Anthony it smoked it.

·
Just kidding!
10,757 Posts
I run 4 8 paddle scats they do great on coastal dunes but are no good on desert dunes. The coastal sand is much softer and the fine dust is washed out so it lets the tires spin easier.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts