Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
In. About to do this on my 2 front '21 XPT2 axles that I had to dismantle to remove, so I can setup as working spares. I would be surprised if no one on here has a part number from doing the same, otherwise I'm planning to clean these up for measurements and see if we can cross reference with someone like Fastenal.

·
Registered
404 Posts
This happened to me years ago when I had my Ranger 6x6. Searched the web with no luck then took the axle and CV into a local driveline shop and they were able to go in the back and find some that fit.
I'll see if I can get anywhere with measuring these, but might PM ya for the shop name otherwise, heads up! :geek:

We'll get to the bottom of this..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Keep us posted. I'm working my way over to these axles hopefully later today to dig the rings out..

Wonder if @SuperATV would know if the Rhino retaining rings match OEM size cups..? I can probably measure OD of cups at least later also. But that might not help.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Alright, I'm multi tasking today but pulled a ring out for some measurements. Can try to cross reference probably tomorrow AM unless anyone beats me to it.

OEM cup ID between ring lands = 2.315"

Using a penny to eyeball ring seat depth, 0.08".

This puts the ring where it would fit a 2.315+(0.08x2) = 2.475 OD seat

Ring itself is 0.072", which would make it a 15 gauge I believe.

According to this, we would want a 15 gauge ring for a 2.475 OD seat. That's what I have obtained on this beer break from another project 🍺

Calipers Plant Wood Measuring instrument Gas

Wood Automotive tire Thumb Circle Metal

Calipers Wood Gas Measuring instrument Cable

·
Registered
404 Posts
Looked a little more quick and measured from this point (green) other than the last (red) and we get just about 2.50" OD there, but looks like that spot is a tad recessed. Probably splitting hairs now, so I'm good with the original 15 ga ring for ~2.475" OD seat I believe.

Automotive tire Waste container Fluid Motor vehicle Gas

Calipers Wood Measuring instrument Office ruler Ruler

·
Registered
404 Posts
Similar here. I'm mid-mission today. After browsing the Fastenal site for a while this morning, decided to stop in - and struck out. They would only have square rings with ears, which maybe could work, but didn't pick any up.

They suggested to try Ferguson next door for giggles, no dice. Dealer is on my path so I stopped in there for fun, they don't ever take axles apart of course, so it would need to be from a take-off. They suggested Google.

More to come..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Picked up some boot clamps at O'Reillys, then they looked at me like I had 2 heads when I presented the round retaining ring.. Back to Google here..

·
Registered
404 Posts
..I ended research yesterday knee deep in German DIN specifications for these things. Most of the sites are horrible on mobile, laptop reporting for duty!

I will find a source. Even if I have to order 200 :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
404 Posts
So the cheap-o internal round wire retaining rings seem to be made of unobtanium, unless you get lucky and call up a manufacturer that will offer to help out on an individual basis seems like.. I'm trying to find something mere humans can get their hands on, so I ordered a few of these from Fastenal, which are not round, but neither is the axle cup groove. Less than $10 for 4 landed, should be here next week. And Fastenal does COD which is nice these days :)

I am making an assumption that the ears will not interfere with any axle rotation as well, will be verifying. Worst case they can be grinded off if the other specs fit.

Also have this as a backup but it's a 2+ week lead time so going with the above first. Slightly different measurements but both in the wheelhouse for sizing and price.

More to come..

·
Registered
404 Posts
Yea those inner clips can be sourced individually as well (#7), just to add a parts diagram here, we are looking for the clip which is part of the #6, and the assembly it comes in is $110 currently..

Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Guitar accessory Automotive design Font

1 - 13 of 13 Posts