Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in a hurry to get my rzr back together so I stopped by the local shop to get raped on a new hub (broke one @ waynoka OK). First of all...I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't that high....that doesn't happen very often folks! Now here's the question....after pulling the broken hub off and swapping the rotor to the new hub I decided to try the new hub into the spindle with the old bearing just for fun. Didn't fit. So I measured the old inner hub (piece that slides over the splines) and it measured 1.567 or so, then the new @ 1.730 or so. So then I was pissed thinking "damn, got the wrong part"! I then called the shop and verified model year (09') and that is was a just a rzr LE and not an S. He said that was it, numbers match, that was what is in the computer for that model & yr. Anyone heard of Polaris making this revision??? It makes sense (1/4" thicker would obviously be stronger), but now what model & yr do I use when ordering a new bearing or hub when I buy one off of ebay to save a few $$$?

Thanks,
Gunz

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Erik, I had the same "gotsha". Go into the Micro-fish of the front suspension for different years and I think they upgraded in "10".If you buy an 08 hub is retails for about 77$ because they come with a new bearing that fits the larger hub. I had to buy the newer bearings to fit my new hubs,
John

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Been there done that and ruined my hubs and brand new set of bearings. I got new updated hubs and bearings and its all good now

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
I'm in a hurry to get my rzr back together so I stopped by the local shop to get raped on a new hub (broke one @ waynoka OK). First of all...I was pleasantly surprised it wasn't that high....that doesn't happen very often folks! Now here's the question....after pulling the broken hub off and swapping the rotor to the new hub I decided to try the new hub into the spindle with the old bearing just for fun. Didn't fit. So I measured the old inner hub (piece that slides over the splines) and it measured 1.567 or so, then the new @ 1.730 or so. So then I was pissed thinking "damn, got the wrong part"! I then called the shop and verified model year (09') and that is was a just a rzr LE and not an S. He said that was it, numbers match, that was what is in the computer for that model & yr. Anyone heard of Polaris making this revision??? It makes sense (1/4" thicker would obviously be stronger), but now what model & yr do I use when ordering a new bearing or hub when I buy one off of ebay to save a few $$$?

Thanks,
Gunz
Erik, The new hub kit for at least the 08 & 09 RZRs (2204717, I think) comes with the new oversized and machined hub (1.725" vs. 1.565") and the new bearing to match the new ID of the hub. The OD of the bearing, to the best of my ability to measure is now 2.833 vs 2.831. The new bearing p/n from Popo says 3514699 on the side of the bearing. Ebay has several sellers providing the kit for $83.00

·
Registered
29 Posts
so how can I get a hub to fit the bearings I have from 08 without having to convert? I found a hub online part # 5135409-458 for $56.38 shipped. Is this the old part number that fits the original size bearings and that's why it's cheaper or what?

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
Camo, yes, that is the old style hub that will fit the original bearings. I do need to say this though. I would not put an old style hub back on mine, unless I had a stack of bearings on my parts shelf. You will likely get good mileage out of a new standard hub with a new bearing installed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
pulled my front hub off my 08 rzr 800 and it shows 5631851/03 stamped on the inside. I'm showing this is a rear hub. Is this correct? Is this the reason I have slack?

·
Registered
29 Posts
this is a mess. i have a 2010 rzr s that was manufactured in 11/2009. broke a front hub. ordered 5137219 which is the wrong hub b/c it doesn't fit the bearings in the carrier i have. so should I order 2204717 instead??

if it comes with bearings in it, do I just remove the retaining ring and bearing from the carrier I have, and the 2204717 will just slip in? or do i have to have them pressed in?

·
Registered
52 Posts
this is a mess. i have a 2010 rzr s that was manufactured in 11/2009. broke a front hub. ordered 5137219 which is the wrong hub b/c it doesn't fit the bearings in the carrier i have. so should I order 2204717 instead??

if it comes with bearings in it, do I just remove the retaining ring and bearing from the carrier I have, and the 2204717 will just slip in? or do i have to have them pressed in?
I was in the same boat.The 2010s manufactured in 09 have the old type hub/bearing assembly , the old hub is not available from polaris. Bearings should be pressed in

·
Registered
10 Posts
my 2012 RZR LE S has the old style smaller hubs. I ordered a set of all 4 bearings off ebay and got two with small ID and two with large. My bike is SUPPOSED to have the upgraded hub. It did not. I learned this because I replaced the front first and the smaller bearings went in there. The big ones wouldn't fit.

I now have the upgrade kit and NO rear bearings left to use.

The all balls bearings I put in the front (which were probably for the rear) did not last at all.

·
Registered
7,294 Posts
I have an early 2009LE, so I had the old bearings and hubs. Broke one hub a couple of years ago and got lucky to get the original hub.

I've just purchased all the parts to upgrade to the larger bearings and XP steel hubs.

The parts look much better than the old 800 parts, and I haven't heard of any problems from the XP crowd!

I'm not on the right computer tonite, but can post all the needed part numbers if interested.

Pirate

·
"Oath Keeper"
1,013 Posts
The change over date, in both Rzr line assembly and parts replacement was May 26, 2010. Any Rzr 800 built on or after that date will have the new carrier/hub and dealers were instructed to NOT sell or install the old assembly on or after that date and to return all oem parts to Polaris.

·
Registered
7,135 Posts
The change over date, in both Rzr line assembly and parts replacement was May 26, 2010. Any Rzr 800 built on or after that date will have the new carrier/hub and dealers were instructed to NOT sell or install the old assembly on or after that date and to return all oem parts to Polaris.
THAT explains a lot! I was always told the change over date was Jan 02 2010. I have replaced many old style hubs on Mar & April 2010 builds, and couldn't figure out how they had the old style small diameter hubs. Thanks for the clarification on the exact date!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts