Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan and it requires a front flag mount. I don't have a front bumper and likely won't buy one for a while, so any thoughts on how/where to mount a front flag?

Thanks,

Tom

·
Registered
50 Posts
Go into duneland they have front mounts rather inexpensive two bolts and it’s on and your on the sand.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go into duneland they have front mounts rather inexpensive two bolts and it’s on and your on the sand.
I have those on my truck that connect to the tow hook. The front tow hook on the RZR is puny...do you have experience with that working?

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is a bracket that bolts into the grill. 1,700 miles in the sand with it no prob. If you want pm me your number I can text you a pic of it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I’m also a Silver Lake fan, IMG_4330.JPG IMG_8792.JPG IMG_4331.JPG I put in a front receiver so I could be towed into the parking lot. Once in I remove that and add my flag holder in the same spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Watched a SXS Blog video last night from Silver Lake and all the UTV's have their flags mounted on the front. Looks odd to me. Out west we put them on the roof or the back.

What's the reasoning with requiring it on the front?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Watched a SXS Blog video last night from Silver Lake and all the UTV's have their flags mounted on the front. Looks odd to me. Out west we put them on the roof or the back.

Ha ha nobody knows, the DNR works in mysterious ways. The best was when I had a Polaris Ace and I still had to mount the flag to the front “because it has a steering wheel” so it blocks your vision and that’s ok. Silver Lake is rules galore, some make sense but many do not.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts

Ha ha nobody knows, the DNR works in mysterious ways. The best was when I had a Polaris Ace and I still had to mount the flag to the front “because it has a steering wheel” so it blocks your vision and that’s ok. Silver Lake is rules galore, some make sense but many do not.

So to summarize your answer, Bureaucrats with no practical knowledge or experience make the rules? Same out west. :devil

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I think the front flags make sense. I have, on more than one occasion, been coming up one side of a hill while the another truck is on the other side and the flag out front gets it over the hill crest and visible that much sooner. I don't mind the front flags at all once a mounting approach is established.

I will end up with a front bumper at some point, then it is very easy to do. Just not happy with the options of bumpers and winch mounts available right now for the Turbo S models. I can't find the right combo of winch mount and bumper that isn't some puny little thing that goes up a foot that will support the winch I already have (Superwinch Terra 45) from my old RZR.

Tom

·
Registered
78 Posts
I think the rear looks better, but front gives you an extra second or so, or even feet from a possible impact. Rather then the flag being in the rear lower then normal since the vehicle is going uphill to a crest, front mounted would be even higher, and the first thing to appear rather then a bumper in your face.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I put together a solution. One bolt, one washer, one nut, one duneland flat mount without the U-bolt, and...........a skateboard wheel!

Mounted up to the cross brace in front of the radiator. Skateboard wheel gave the perfect amount of spacing and acts as a urethane bushing to absorb up and down torque from the flag.

I had the bend mount a bit as it was angled down just a little.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

That is a sweet setup. I am going to add a winch, so I need to go a different route for my tow bar.

My winch fits in the socket too, it is removable as well so I can put in in the back also.

How do you do the wiring - some sort of quick disconnect? I think I like that idea, but have you ever been a position where it would be really hard to put the winch on when stuck in mud or in other precarious positions?

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is a sweet setup. I am going to add a winch, so I need to go a different route for my tow bar.

My winch fits in the socket too, it is removable as well so I can put in in the back also.

How do you do the wiring - some sort of quick disconnect? I think I like that idea, but have you ever been a position where it would be really hard to put the winch on when stuck in mud or in other precarious positions?

I have all the wiring but have been too lazy to install it (would require a shut off so the heavy wiring wouldn’t drain the battery). I instead use an auxiliary battery that I store in my glove box. I have a quick connect on this and so far I love the set up because I’ve needed to use it on my tractor twice! Impressively I was able to get my tractor unstuck each time, I also have used it to winch many other things around my barn and house (lmao). A bonus is that you don’t have to worry about draining your rzr battery. I pulled my kids 700 pound playhouse 175’ with only one battery this spring because the ground was too soft to drive on and I had sold it with the buyer ready for it.

I actually haven’t needed it on my rzr yet because the thing gets through everything I try! But yes I imagine it could get pretty messy hooking it up if you’re in deep mud, in that case I’d hook the winch up to a tree and hook the winch cable up to the rzr.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts