Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently swapped my can am for this rzr 800 08 and I gues the guy striped the front diff drain plug. The threads on the OD are fine but the torx bit that I tried to take it off with either striped it or it was already striped anyone har any ideas how to remove the strip dragonfly plug on front diff

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I c that now lol just looked at friends manual that's what I get for doin it in the dark! But it's still rounded off just wandering if anyone had any ideas how to get it out

·
Banned
904 Posts
Not sure if this will work, but I would get a hardening epoxy like JB weld, glob it on the end of the proper size bit (6mm I believe) and let it set up. Then see if you can get it off..IIRC its an aluminum plug, so welding would be a pita....

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Buy a set (or just the correct size) of Easy-out screw extractors. If you are not familiar with them they are tapered reverse thread tap that will bite into the stripped allen socket of the screw and back it out. A set of about 6 sizes is available for probably less than 20 bucks and will last a lifetime. Can buy at NAPA or probably Lowes or Home D.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice. I finally got it out took a 8mm and beat up in the plug and kept beating it and slightly trying to turn it till it came loose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts