Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was doing some cleaning today and for the life of me I cannot remember what the Polaris LT front gear case fluid is used for-
I have a case of it, and used to use it in customers older style 4-wheeler that had the hubs on the ends of the axle.
Can this be used as the newer Polaris Demand fluid for the Hillard front diff in our newer sxs 2015-to 2022 ?
Local dealer said it was the same - "it's just the old labeling they used to use"- but though I would as here before I toss this case of LT fluid.

·
Registered
2022 RZR Pro XP4
646 Posts
I'm 95% certain that's basically what they used before demand drive. I know the rzr 800 calls for "demand drive LT fluid", which was the next step after LT fluid...
I'm not sure if it's ok to use it in current machines though.

·
Registered
406 Posts
LT Demand Drive Fluid 2876251 was replaced with Demand Drive Plus Fluid. This from a older Polaris lube guide. If it been replaced then in all likely hood it was inferior to modern fluids, or why replace it? Shelf life of most lubricants is 5 yr max.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
If it been replaced then in all likely hood it was inferior to modern fluids, or why replace it?
That's the KEY question I am asking, is it the same? ??Additionally, there is not any to my knowledge a Demand Drive Plus Fluid. Just Demand Drive Fluid.
From what I have been hearing is that it's was name change when Mother Polaris went to a different bottle design, and of course the dye went away ( cost) and now it's clear.
SO the question remains .....

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call Polaris.
HA HA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's what started this conversation- Mother Polaris said that the current Demand Drive Fluid is what is to be used but didn't know if it was the same as LT Front Gear case fluid.
BUT,, you can use the Demand Drive fluid in the Older SXS and ATV's as a replacement but had zero input or knowledge of the LT fluid- so I lost 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!

Didn't surprise me either.....coming from Polaris

·
Registered
XP1000
1,309 Posts
HA HA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
That's what started this conversation- Mother Polaris said that the current Demand Drive Fluid is what is to be used but didn't know if it was the same as LT Front Gear case fluid.
BUT,, you can use the Demand Drive fluid in the Older SXS and ATV's as a replacement but had zero input or knowledge of the LT fluid- so I lost 20 minutes of my life I'll never get back!!

Didn't surprise me either.....coming from Polaris
[/QUOT

Just use the new number and dispose of the remaining fluids.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It's impossible to predict exactly how long lube shelf life is because petroleum stability (how well it resists change in its properties) is situation-dependent. e,g. stored in climate controlled area etc. It might have already been several years oil when you acquired it, so why risk using it dispose of it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
LT Demand Drive Fluid 2876251 was replaced with Demand Drive Plus Fluid. This from a older Polaris lube guide. If it been replaced then in all likely hood it was inferior to modern fluids, or why replace it? Shelf life of most lubricants is 5 yr max.
BS. Shelf life is way more than 5 years. Just make sure it's mixed before using

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
How much money does new fluid cost? How much money does new diff cost? How much fluid is on hand? How do the numbers stack up?

Seems like a rather silly thing to try and save some cost on. My risk analysis says that it's likely cheaper to throw out and buy new, but it's not my money either way. Maybe it can be donated to someone for a scientific experiment and if you don't find any takers that might also give you some more data for your own risk analysis.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
How much money does new fluid cost? How much money does new diff cost? How much fluid is on hand? How do the numbers stack up?

Seems like a rather silly thing to try and save some cost on. My risk analysis says that it's likely cheaper to throw out and buy new, but it's not my money either way. Maybe it can be donated to someone for a scientific experiment and if you don't find any takers that might also give you some more data for your own risk analysis.
Well lets see..... $20.00/quart Demand Drive Fluid x 24 quarts is $480.00
I probably paid 12.00/quart ( being generous) $288.00 not figuring tax and shipping on either ..

In my first post I stated I have a full case so that 24 quarts-at least that what it was when I bought it- a full case now is probably only 12 quarts

So Ya- I'd say its worth asking- but then again some people don't take the time to put something out there and just ASK, and in return get unproductive feedback and have silly money to toss around.
It's not a argument on here

·
Registered
406 Posts
BS. Shelf life is way more than 5 years. Just make sure it's mixed before using
From the maker of Polaris Brand lubes, Lube-Tech

·
Registered
XP1000
1,309 Posts
Well lets see..... $20.00/quart Demand Drive Fluid x 24 quarts is $480.00
I probably paid 12.00/quart ( being generous) $288.00 not figuring tax and shipping on either ..

In my first post I stated I have a full case so that 24 quarts-at least that what it was when I bought it- a full case now is probably only 12 quarts

So Ya- I'd say its worth asking- but then again some people don't take the time to put something out there and just ASK, and in return get unproductive feedback and have silly money to toss around.
It's not a argument on here
Sell it on E-Bay.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
1 - 20 of 24 Posts