Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a little help. I have checked every thing i know to check and so far I have not found anything wrong. My voltage to my front diff. was 12volts. I have 23 oms., checking my magnet in the front diff. I then remove the front diff. and to my surprise the spraig is ok...When my 2009 rzr-s was new i could push the AWD switch and climb my steps,(the front diff was locked in). When i jack up the rzr or the diff. seems to be working, But it will not engage trying to climb my stairs? Is it possible for the spraig clutch to be slipping? There are about 400 miles on my rzr-s. A little help please!!

·
Registered
429 Posts
fluid contaminated,,bent armature plate,,weak coil,,improper coil depth in cover,,faulty harness connector,,,,,,any of these could be the problem.it sux,but you have to just keep narrowing it down,and probably will have to spend some dough!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
I would lean towards a bent / warped armature plate. I just had to replace mine as AWD was sporadic or what I would call weak. Worked on jack stands but didn't work with load. If you had your diff apart, was the armature plate perfectly flat?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not put a straight edge on it but it looked ok. I will check it though. I powered the diff. up out of the machine and u could hear it engaging and working. The Pinion gear looks a little rough though. Not bad enough to replace but some definate wear.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts