Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not that it’s particularly useful really... but for anyone else that was curious... you can indeed get the magnet out of the front diff cover... it’s actually glued in there.

This is what happens when I’m waiting on parts ad just have stuff sitting around to tinker with lol

... onto seeing what other useless discoveries I can make today :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
424 Posts
Had the wires on my old 900s break flush at the diff cover. Must have caught a stick just right on the trail. Dug the epoxy away from the wires. With a little heat and some gentle prying the magnet popped out for me as well. I had just enough wire to work with. I was able to solder/ heat shrink to what was left. I then packed the hole at the cover with epoxy around the repair. It was a cheap fix to an otherwise junk differential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup, that’s the way to do it. I learned (after) that you could apply heat to the epoxy around the wires (careful not to melt the wires), then heat the outside of the diff cover around the magnet and tap around the wires through the hole with a tiny punch. It’s really not that solid in there, which kind of surprised me. Probably be best to use some retaining compound if you were to repair & reinstall it like that, it is an interference fit, but there is epoxy in there as manufactured to further hold it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts