Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My front diff makes a growling sound when it engages. Not loud but more noticable by a slight vibration through the floor. Apparently common in XP's. Anybody ever notice this with their 570?

·
Registered
46 Posts
i can feel a vibration in ours that comes up in the driver side floor board at around 25 -30 mph. would that be the same front diff problem that you guys are having? i haven't hear any growling from it but i have not had it in 4wd yet either.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep mine does it to. Told service rep too. As usual no answer but keep and I eye on it. For once I though I was done with problem and could do some riding.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
So does the 570 share front diffs with any other model? Is is a common occurrence? I never heard this from my friends who have rzr 800's.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Just wanted to chime in and say I took mine out for the first time today and I felt the same 'growl' when the awd kicked in.

Guessing its normal?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Mine did it going up a steep hill when the rear tires slipped and the front wheels engaged. Pretty loud noise for sure. Felt the vibes too. Mine is a 2013 with about 10 hours on it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I thought i felt the vibration through the steering wheel but it is through the floor as others have stated.

·
Jerky Boy
298 Posts
The only time I ever felt the growl was going uphill in reverse. I've never felt it going forward.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mine does it too. I'm not sure how the system works, but it probably has a multi-disc clutch or something that kicks in when the rear wheels slip. You don't get 4WD on these until it is needed, so it seems strange when it kicks in. There are alot more driven parts when it is in use. I wouldn't worry about it, but use that feeling as a cue to not let off the gas!!!!!!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Here is a link to the Hillard home page that has a pretty good exploded view of the front end. When you open the page you can click through the slides in the middle of the page.

Hillard Home Page

Action

·
Registered
3 Posts
My 2013 Jagged X edition XP has the same vibration felt both through the floor and steering. I ride mostly sand, and really notice it hammering down on the loud pedal going up a hill. Not a real encouraging thing to have after spending $20K

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
A couple of times while going up a steep hill I have had the front differential fail to engage at all. The rear tires will start spinning and loose traction like going up a sand dune hill in 2 wheel drive. Stopping on the hill then starting again will usually let the front dif engage.

·
Registered
785 Posts
I think the growl comes from the fact that the gears in the front end are just straight cut bevel gears instead of spiral bevel gears like you'd see in a automotive ring and pinion set.
Straight cut gears don't have the smoothest/quietest meshing action, and when under load (when the front tires are earning their keep) they just get that much louder.

Mine does it, always has. I'm not worried about it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
After a short drive I noticed mine viberating bad and checked the front drive shaft and I can move it sided to side about an inch and it's not the u-joints. I can see the shaft moving where it goes into the front diff. I have about 1300 miles on it and extended warranty so I will be taking it back tommorrow.
:rm_thumbdown:

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't think my drive shaft had grease in it before I put some in. The grease did not push out and old grease that is.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts