Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any recommendations for aftermarket front A Arm bushings? Just another 25 hours and they are rattling loose again. Seems like the stock ones are either faulty or just not very good. :sad:

·
aka: Bad Influence
929 Posts
has anyone tried needle bearings and a hardened pivot pin micro polished?????

·
929 Posts
I will be taking measurements when I replace my bushings and will be working on finding the bearings and I will make my own pivot pins. More to come later.

G

·
I will be taking measurements when I replace my bushings and will be working on finding the bearings and I will make my own pivot pins. More to come later.
Doesn't sound like a bad idea...
I think alot of people read about the stock bushings wearing out quickly and think Polaris cheaped out by not using something like Delrin and I would probably think that to except in this case they have a faily good excuse,they have N/H/V to consider same with the squishy motor mounts ect...better performing/lasting bushings,driveline mounts ect tend to have side effects that could irratate some operators.
The soft stock bushings likely absorb some shock/feedback,would be interesting to see/feel the difference in the stock bushings and a solid mount bearing set up like you are talking about. My concern with your idea would be the outer bearing race to a-arm tube fit/wear and with the thin tube being able to press fit a bearing tight enough so it didn't move in the tube and wear out the tube.

·
929 Posts
all good questions. I have a fewe engineer buddy's (Aircraft Manufacturer) and they are going to help with the analysis of using the bearing inside the factory A-Arms. If it will create issues I will jsut stick with the Delrin for now. Plus I am not sure I could get a bearing that would fit plus have a sleeve with a thick enough wall and still run the factory bolt through it. Lots to look into and I will definitely let you guys know once I have it figured out.

maybe this winter sometime.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I tightened up the a arm bolts and shot in a little more grease and the ride improved 100%. It seems that after a few more hours though, they will loosen up some more and ill repeat the process. Im assuming thats cause the bushings are worn out. Are the bushings difficult to get out?

·
Mad Scientist
1,247 Posts
i've had good luck with uhmw too.

G

·
I have 1100 hrs on my 2010 rzr and my bushing work fine. Probably cause I grease them every month. I ride in mud, snow, and water too.
1100 hrs??? Is that a typo? If not i really envy you..wish I had time to put that many hours on mine.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Opps glad u caught that. I meant to say 1100 miles and yes High Octane your welcome to join us anytime to ride out group rides 1-2 times a week in the Sierra Nevada mtns of Calif. If your in the area send me a pm.

G

·
Opps glad u caught that. I meant to say 1100 miles and yes High Octane your welcome to join us anytime to ride out group rides 1-2 times a week in the Sierra Nevada mtns of Calif. If your in the area send me a pm.
Thanks. You never know..I might end up on the left coast at some point.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.