Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey to all,

Just wondering if there are any specific tools or knowledge needed to complete a frame swap on my 11 XP. Can I do this without a lift and roughly how long should I plan.

Thanks!
Mike

·
Premium Member
932 Posts
I don't know the answer to your question but I have done swaps on motorcycle frames. I recommend taking LOTS of pictures every step of the way. No matter how good you think your memory is, your going to forget something especially wire routing.

·
Premium Member
10,054 Posts
If you have a lot of time its just nuts and bolts. I'd recd factory manual to be followed. It takes a shop about 1.5 days.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know the answer to your question but I have done swaps on motorcycle frames. I recommend taking LOTS of pictures every step of the way. No matter how good you think your memory is, your going to forget something especially wire routing.
No doubt...good call!!!

G

·
No doubt...good call!!!
Very good advice...I always do this, probably spend as much time snapping pictures as i do turning wrenches lol...but its it has proven to be worth the time. Definitely get a shop manual..it and the pictures will be equally valuable.
Only thing I can think of right off hand that requires close attention to procedure is the engine to trans mounting. It's in the manual. As is bleeding the air from the coolant system..that gets people sometimes.

G

·
One other thing I suggest is bagging and tagging hardware..so you what bolts nuts ext go where. Bunch of ziplock bags and masking tape to label the bags. Also doesnt hurt to label parts and wiring harness stuff as well..what it connects to or what side it belongs on ect..sure you can figure out its the right lower A arm..but if it's labeled there is less to think about lol. Also where possible put the hardware back in the the component and the way it came out..as long as it can be secured. That leaves less wondering...Like "did the bolt head face forward or aft?" at which point you would have refer to your pictures or the manual. A monkey could take one apart..it's prepping to put it back together that will require you to take your take your time during diss assembly :)

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Awesome Advice Rod, Thanks!

What about Shaft Removal....is there a special tool needed?

G

·
Awesome Advice Rod, Thanks!

What about Shaft Removal....is there a special tool needed?
If you are talking the propshaft no..a roll pin punch maybe..but a regular punch a little smaller than the pin will work..heck you MAY be able to sneak the front drive out without taking the pin out with the rear prop shaft removed..I've not tried.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts