Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
The OEM filter is 5.5" x 7" The Fram CA8805 is 5.66" x 6.55" Yea it might fit.

I have a new OEM Polaris, next time I go to the store, might be worth a compare....

·
Registered
345 Posts
Subscribed...

·
Registered
345 Posts
Don't know if it will fit, but I would try if I hadn't just bought an OEM one for $30 on eBay. Pulled this part number up while at wal Mart and they have the fram ones for $12.47. It's worth a shot.

·
Registered
163 Posts
The OEM filter is 5.5" x 7" The Fram CA8805 is 5.66" x 6.55" Yea it might fit.
Thats not good if the Fram filter is a 1/2" shorter. The lid of the air filter housing is what holds the filter in place. The inside center of the lid should contact the filter and keep it from coming unseated. Having that 1/2" gap would allow the filter to dislodge from where it seats and then let dirty, unfiltered air into the engine. I would look at this carefully before installing this filter.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thought the same thing when I opened it up. Does it fit on there snug champ, or is it a little loose?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Even if it seats in snug if the cover is not contacting it I would worry that from vibration it will back out.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Is there enough room where even if it backs off a little, the lid will keep it from coming completely off? Just asking, I have a brand new OEM, so I haven't tried it. Wondering if that tube has at least 1/2 of play with the filter seated on it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
no your wrong. if you could see it you would buy it. this thing will not back off. it fits better then stock. due the filter has foam around the end.man just look at it in the store before you hate it. and ive alway been told the more air you get to circulate at the filter more h.p. gain you will have. and as for the lid if you dont add some to press the stock filter against the tube. they WILL SUCK DUST around the end of the filter. trust me i know this. p.s just go look at it then let me know

·
Registered
35 Posts
OK so I figured at spend the $12.50 on this filter and see if it fit. At first I was disappointed when I put the 2 side by side. It's about 1.5" shorter. Put I tried the fit and it is actually a tighter fit around the intake tube. I can't imagine it would come off so I'm going to give it a try. I'm gonna give it a chance and check it periodically. I may add some self adhesive foam to the end to make it fit tight to the cover. At $12.50 a piece I'll feel better about changing it as often as I do. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
If anyone cares to cross reference the frame number, the filter is for a 2000 Chrysler/ Plymouth neon 2.0!

With a bit of foam added to the cover to help put a bit of pressure on the filter might work out pretty good! I will pick up a Napa gold or a fram this week as well.

From the confinement of "WORK" with Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts