Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
6,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do some testing this weekend to smooth out the ride on my S a bit. Can somebody give me some pointers on adjusting these shocks. I ride a combination of trails and open faster areas. No real jumping. Where do I start, and in what combinations should I make changes....

·
Banned
399 Posts
Start stock then adjust from there up or down and small adjustments at a time, and wright it down so you dont lose track.Untill you like the ride and take a jack makes adjusting the preload real simple.

·
Administrator
50,250 Posts
adjust your compression on the top of the shocks ,with a small flat screwdriver .clockwise will increase dampening and stiffen the ride
ride the same trail and then re adjust ,this will help you feel the effects of your adjustments ,i run my pre load just one turn down so the springs are tight .:)

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
In is hard out is soft.
Play around with it and see what you like.
I never adjusted mine but I have seen a few posts where people said they couldn't tell the difference.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Same as a bolt or nut, Lefty Loosey(Soft) and Righty Tighty (Hard). You need to find a section you can go back and forth on that represents your average riding area. Don't try to do this while doing a trail ride. Start in the middle of the adjustments. If you want it harder, go all the way hard. Then if that is too hard go half way back. Keep adjsting half way towards where you were and in a couple of runs you will be within a click of where you will want to be. Big changes to start, then narrow into the sweet spot. You can't feel small changes. It will take forever.

More than likely, you will find you won't get stiff enough. That is due to the fact that the RZR "S" is undersprung. You will probably end up with your adjusters pretty much all the way hard and it still won't be enough. Remember turning in more preload on the spring will not stiffen the spring, it will only raise the car and cause bucking in the rear. Good luck.

·
Banned
399 Posts
Steve would know he is the shock man.

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
Same as a bolt or nut, Lefty Loosey(Soft) and Righty Tighty (Hard). You need to find a section you can go back and forth on that represents your average riding area. Don't try to do this while doing a trail ride. Start in the middle of the adjustments. If you want it harder, go all the way hard. Then if that is too hard go half way back. Keep adjsting half way towards where you were and in a couple of runs you will be within a click of where you will want to be. Big changes to start, then narrow into the sweet spot. You can't feel small changes. It will take forever.

More than likely, you will find you won't get stiff enough. That is due to the fact that the RZR "S" is undersprung. You will probably end up with your adjusters pretty much all the way hard and it still won't be enough. Remember turning in more preload on the spring will not stiffen the spring, it will only raise the car and cause bucking in the rear. Good luck.
x2 :)

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
Steve to the rescue again

·
Banned
399 Posts
One of these days I want to get those springs from steve that is the best thing you can do for these shocks!

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts
One of these days I want to get those springs from steve that is the best thing you can do for these shocks!
i rode and seen these springs in action. they are really good and work just as good as my aftermarket long travel. if i had a s, this is what i would get

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
If I had an "S", all I would do is put on the springs and re-valve the rear shocks......................and then run the hell out of it. No need for anything else.

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
If I had an "S", all I would do is put on the springs and re-valve the rear shocks......................and then run the hell out of it. No need for anything else.
Oh how you tell me :rofl3:

·
Boats and ***s
3,184 Posts

·
I just wanna ride
3,641 Posts
and I'm not even to 1000 yet
I think I have post envy

1 - 20 of 119 Posts