Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Thanks, yes you are correct. Thanks for the better details on operation.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
It is impossible to add it to that shock because the solenoids are installed in the same place. If you look at a bone stock smart shox shock, you will see the wire sticking out of the bottom of the shaft with no adjuster in the normal spot in the reservoir. That is where they install the iqs adjuster so you can have both on that system. Ad 9:35 in the video you can see the wire coming out of the bottom of the shaft. He talks about adding a dsc adjuster to the top of the shock where there is a cap and then talks about adding iqs.

Here is another video where they compare smart shox vs dynamix. It is in this one where they mention adding iqs to both of them.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Okay, i saw the part about not working on dynamix cause they both use the compression adjustment port.

I could have sworn I heard Justin say it would work in a different video. Why the hell did they tell me on the phone today that it would work... guess that just shows you the guys on the phone don't know as much.

I'm still going to watch other videos again... I guess for now, I'll have to eat my words and edit my posts.

Sounds like smart shocks is a good system but needs internal work. Now there's competition for polaris to keep improving hopefully

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
I was talking to them today too. I am considering a set of RC2's with IQS and was wondering about some of the updates they were talking about in previous videos like the ability to adjust the front and read independently and maybe an oh crap button for the steering wheel. They say as of right now they have talked about it but it might be a long ways away.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I like the RC2s with IQS since i didn't have dynamix.

I asked about independent control long before that video. So far i haven't needed to or wished i had more control. I guess that would depend on where/ how you ride. I thought it would be a concern since factory shocks needed different settings.
Luckily everything works great with just the 3 positions.

Yeah, it seems when Justin say a couple of weeks or a month...thst translates to several months or possibly not going to happen.
In a recent video they mentioned they are not going to get IQS for factory walkers anymore.

I think they are going to offer current IQS customers an upgrade option if/ when they do the independent front/ rear control. So far I'm perfectly happy with the standard IQS system.
It's a lot of money though.

The OH CHIT button would be nice, like on the newer dynamix RZRs.
It's nice, they are working on improvements though.

I don't know what walkers with spring kits are like but i love my RC2s. Ride is amazing.

I sold my factory shocks for $1500. So in the end i didn't pay much for what I got, plus i have 2.5" shocks up front now😁.
In my breakdown, i only paid roughly $700 for better built/ designed shocks and upgraded front shocks. Custom valved and springs.

Other option was to send my walkers in for valving plus spring kit and shipping...which would be close to $2000. So $2000 difference, maybe $2200... $1500 back from factory shocks...$5-700 for superior shocks and upgraded front from 2" to 2.5" is a win in my book. Shoot, 2.5" walkers are close to $1000 or more.

I'm glad I got the IQS with the shocks too, otherwise it would cost a lot more to do it after the fact. I think ST says it's like $500 in labor plus shipping shocks to them.

I guess a person needs to decide how important suspension is to them. If a person is willing to put on $4-5k+ into a long travel kit...they can put $4-6k into the suspension 😅
I'm thinking about long travel among other things... just not sure. I might just do high clearance arms when I start messing things up.
My list just keeps growing every time I come hang out on the forum🤣

·
Premium Member
2,786 Posts
I can see were people could be easily confused myself included ... because In the video above (Dynamix vs Smart Shocks) starting at 19:46 - 20:19 Justin says they will have the IQS available for Smart shocks. I understand this is in the future and will require mods. I understand they will need to change the shock adjustment head
It would be nice if ST would get involved with this forum more or at all....since it is probably there biggest group of forum followers

·
Registered
639 Posts
I can see were people could be easily confused myself included ... because In the video above (Dynamix vs Smart Shocks) starting at 19:46 - 20:19 Justin says they will have the IQS available for Smart shocks. I understand this is in the future and will require mods. I understand they will need to change the shock adjustment head
It would be nice if ST would get involved with this forum more or at all....since it is probably there biggest group of forum followers
In one of their latest videos, they already have IQS for smart shocks
Quiet 👉🏽😛

·
Registered
639 Posts
Ya!! And I need a discount code for some Rc2's too
I could have used a code with my order... anything helps.

Craig ProUTVParts is a dealer for ST and a vendor here... wondering if he could discount them. He always helps me out but i didn't even think about it or know he was a dealer until after the fact.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts