·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like $6000 to add Fox shocks and the electronic adjust on the fly system

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Better investment to purchase a Dynamix system on new purchase. Get lots more usable stuff for cheaper.

Reactions: sandfreak

·
Super Moderator
4,981 Posts
About $3k + installation for the ability to switch switch between soft/med/firm. No thanks I get out and change the clickers myself. Funny part is Fox offered this direct in '16 for $300 a shock. While at ROTR Fox had a demo of the IQS and I talked to the reps about it. Now ST says they devolped it and it's only available through them for 3x the price 🤣

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
About $3k + installation for the ability to switch switch between soft/med/firm. No thanks I get out and change the clickers myself. Funny part is Fox offered this direct in '16 for $300 a shock. While at ROTR Fox had a demo of the IQS and I talked to the reps about it. Now ST says they devolped it and it's only available through them for 3x the price 🤣
Shock Therapy doesn't say they developed it. Fox and Shock Therapy have partnered to sell the new iQS kit. Fox Factory developed the new iQS upgrade kit, which can turn any 2.5'' or bigger Fox UTV shock into an electrically controlled system.
The Fox shocks are $3000 then another 3k for the system and install. I plan on buying a Pro XP with it but it's only $2k extra and for that I get the Fox shocks and Dynamix system instead of the WE shocks. That's a bargain. Adding it later would be too expensive.

·
Super Moderator
4,981 Posts
The IQS system for Fox shocks and the Polaris Dynamix are two entirely different things. The IQS system has 3 settings only controlled by a switch. The Dynamix is ecu controlled and adjusts the shocks continuously based on numerous sensors in the vehicle. It does this thousands of times a second. It is leap years ahead of the IQS.

ST does claim they devolped it, I've talked to them. They will also not sell the system without installation in their shop.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
The IQS system for Fox shocks and the Polaris Dynamix are two entirely different things. The IQS system has 3 settings only controlled by a switch. The Dynamix is ecu controlled and adjusts the shocks continuously based on numerous sensors in the vehicle. It does this thousands of times a second. It is leap years ahead of the IQS.

ST does claim they devolped it, I've talked to them. They will also not sell the system without installation in their shop.
Thanks, very interesting.
So the IQS system is basically for three click
shock and they use a solenoid or more likely stepper motor to switch between the three positions. Then how does the Dynamix system work. They still have three positions that you can set on the display. So how does it switch between these positions? Are they basically a 24 or 32 click shock and they can pick any setting? If you set them on soft, can they only adjust up to the mid setting? or all the way to firm?

Also BTW looks like Fox will also sell the IQS system. From their website:
Taking pre-orders for iQS for UTVs
Please contact FOX customer service

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From UTVAction magazine:

Fox developed the iQS system with Shock Therapy, and there are 10 other authorized U.S. dealers on the Ride Fox website.

·
Super Moderator
4,981 Posts
Thanks, very interesting.
So the IQS system is basically for three click
shock and they use a solenoid or more likely stepper motor to switch between the three positions. Then how does the Dynamix system work. They still have three positions that you can set on the display. So how does it switch between these positions? Are they basically a 24 or 32 click shock and they can pick any setting? If you set them on soft, can they only adjust up to the mid setting? or all the way to firm?

Also BTW looks like Fox will also sell the IQS system. From their website:
Taking pre-orders for iQS for UTVs
Please contact FOX customer service
So yes the IQS system uses a stepper motor installed on the valve to change between 3 compression levels. The Dynamix controls valving but modulates the valving through the entire range setting based on speed, steering angle, acceleromter, gyro, etc via a serpate ECU deicated to the system. Ride command interfaces with the Dynamix system to allow the user to override the system.

The IQS system for Polaris equipped vehcile is ONLY available through Shock Therapy. For other make vehicles equipped with Fox shocks the IQS system is available through Fox or other retailers.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much. That was a very informative video.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Yes, dynamix is a better system, smart shocks for can am is even better than dynamix.

Shock therapy is the closest partner to fox than anyone else and they work together on several things and develop things together.

Dynamix is only a couple/few yrs old and IQS was developed for people that don't have the newer technology.

Most don't understand what IQS is for. Yes it is an on the fly adjustment for the ever changing environment of the trails, dunes, etc. It's not just to be able to adjust your shocks. It's more like soft for rocky riverbeds, then you get into a trail...just flip the switch. Your flying down the trail snd see a big whoop... momentarily switch to firm.
Who wants to adjust their shocks constantly for the several different terrains they are going in and out of all day.

I just got my RC2 shocks with IQS. I have too muvh invested in my RZR already to get a new machine. Yes it was $6000 but very much worth the cost and hopefully I can recoupe $1000 or better from my walker evans.
I can break it down more if you can't see where the cost benefits are. I now have upgraded 2.5" shocks up front, custom valving and custom spring rates. My RZR rides like a dream now and has so much more control/ performance.

Now, let's take the dynamix or smart shocks...great systems but still crappy performance. Will need valving and springs (springs at the least)...so you still have to spend a bit of money.

I don't think you can just install IQS yourself or it's not recommended snd will void the warranty i believe if you try to install it yourself. That is why there is s slight premium for shock therapy to install it on your shocks. You cannot get IQS from ST unless they install it.

The pricing for IQS posted earlier was from several years ago if it's accurate. Do you realize how much everything has gone up in price in just the last yr let alone the past 3-4 yrs.

Too many expect too much for too little. I think shock therapy's prices are reasonable for what you get. They are the only company that can have their stickers put on fox shocks... that's saying something.

ST recently had some videos explaining the main differences between IQS, dynamix, and smart shocks.
Bottom line, IQS is definitely worth having for thse that don't have dynamix.

·
Super Moderator
4,981 Posts
Most don't understand what IQS is for. Yes it is an on the fly adjustment for the ever changing environment of the trails, dunes, etc. It's not just to be able to adjust your shocks.
It is exactly that, it only adjust the compression between 3 settings (soft/med/form). So essentially you are losing 21 compression settings. This is ALL it does, it's as basic as it gets.

Now, let's take the dynamix or smart shocks...great systems but still crappy performance. Will need valving and springs (springs at the least)...so you still have to spend a bit of money.
The stock Dynamix shocks can be revalved and resprung cheaper than adding IQS to standard Fox shocks. You can't compare IQS to the Dynmaix system, two entirely different systems. That's like comparing a VW to a Porsche.

I don't think you can just install IQS yourself or it's not recommended snd will void the warranty i believe if you try to install it yourself. That is why there is s slight premium for shock therapy to install it on your shocks. You cannot get IQS from ST unless they install it.
You can't get IQS for Polaris shocks except through ST, they have exclusive right to sell it for Polaris shocks. They will not sell a kit, it has to be installed by them. This is why they charge a premium.

It seems like too many focus on getting everything cheap. The pricing for IQS posted earlier was from several years ago if it's accurate. Do you realize how much everything has gone up in price in just the last yr let alone the past 3-4 yrs.
Getting everything for cheap? Have you seen my RZR 🤣
In 2016 it was available directly from Fox for $1200. I know it's accurate because the I talked to the Fox reps face to face at ROTR. They had a trailer ans were rebuilding shocks onsite and contemplated having them install it. Prices have not gone up 3x in 4 years 🤣

Too many expect too much for too little. I think shock therapy's prices are reasonable for what you get. They are the only company that can have their stickers put on fox shocks... that's saying something.
If you think $3000+ is a good value for the ability to switch between 3 predetermined compression settings with the flip of a switch more power to you. I'm not sure what you're referring to about stickers as MANY companies relabel Fox shocks after they rework them.

Seems that some need to do more research and look at the whole picture before dogging on IQS.
Seems some have drank the kool-aid, paid way too mucht, and really don't know what they purchased.

Bottom line, IQS is definitely worth having for thse that don't have dynamix. You can even run IQS on dynamix shocks for even more control/ options.
If IQS is a good value to you, great. You can't add IQS to a Dynamix system, it already has the same functionality plus a lot more.

What you don't know is why ST is the ONLY dealer for IQS for Polaris Fox shocks. Polaris developed Dynamix exclusively for Polaris vehicles equipped with Fox shocks and Fox developed IQS for ALL Fox shocks. I imagine there are patent issues involved. You can buy IQS directly from Fox for ANY Fox shocks except Polaris Fox shocks.

I think you misunderstood I'm not 'dogging' on anything. I have ST do all my shocks work and have for years, so I'm not knocking them. However, the price for the IQS is ridiculous simply because they have exclusive rights to sell it for Polaris Fox shocks.

Sumary; the IQS is as BASIC as it gets it simply adjusts between 3 compression settings from a switch on the dash and that's ALL it does. If $3k+ is a good value to some for that ability - that it fantastic.

·
Registered
653 Posts
@RZR_Joe
I was not responding to anyone in specific but just in general.

Yes i know dynamix was developed by polaris as smart shocks was by BRP.

Yes i know dynamix is 3 position adjustment like IQS.

I believe ST has worked directly with Fox in the development of getting IQS to work on dynamix and smart shocks.
IQS will also have an upgrade soon that has independent front and rear adjustments.

I guess if you like to always tinker with your shock adjustments, it's nice to have all the adjustments. I'm the type of person that just wants to go out and ride. IQS might not have all the sensors to continually adapt but it's an option that works.

I do want to change one thing I said. I will agree thst IQS is expensive/ overpriced. I feel it could be much cheaper. Maybe it's the ECU and motors that bring the cost up, idk.
However, one clarification, IQS is not $3k, it's $2k.

I think I browsed your build, again I wasn't directing anything at you. I was browsing the entire forum and it seems many think everything is overpriced. This tells me that they don't understand the system/industry and are the type to buy a cheap chinese light over a quality USA/European product.
Maybe I stopped by too many of the wrong threads and i dumped excess venting here.

BTW, you have a sweet machine. I probably liked it better before the portals but I understand you were doing something specific.

I'll just say, I'm glad there are options out there for everyone and we do all have our own opinions and thoughts.

Maybe we can agree that Dynamix and smart shocks is a better system, however IQs was developed for people that don't have those. I can say from first hand experience, that the IQs system is great for what it is. It's nice to see a big bump/whoop coming up and not have to slow down, just flip it to firm. Essentually it's a basic version of dynamix but it has been very effective in my use.

·
Registered
653 Posts
This is what I meant about the sticker. It's kind of irrelevant to the IQS debate and not sure why i mentioned it exactly, but shock therapy are the only ones that can have this on fox shocks as far as I know. It's not the same as reworking a shock and slapping your sticker on.

There was something else i wanted to comment on but no need to drag this on.

I just feel like IQS is a good system for those that want what it offers.

·
Registered
653 Posts
You can't add IQS to a Dynamix system, it already has the same functionality plus a lot more.
have you seen the most recent video where they have IQS on a smart shocks x3?

I know how you feel and i know how i feel. Just thought I'd share.

Also here's a video that better explains IQS than i can
It explains the benefits and actual costs, etc. This is more for those curious not Joe 😅
The cost breakdown starts around the 14min mark.

Is it worth it... I think it is, if you don't have dynamix but want the on the fly adjustability. I use it all the time as i go back and forth through all kinds of different terrain on one trail.
Is it necessary, no...is it expensive and probably overpriced...yes and not (depends on how you interpret it) but I'm not going to open that can of worms.

Just thought I'd share the videos for those curious and wanting better info on the system. There will also be future udates that allows independent control of front and rear.
If you already have dynamix and want even more control, it can be added to provide 9 modes of adjustment.

Some prefer the adjustability of the factory setup. The second video also explains that most people only use a certain psrt of their adjustments, so only having 3 adjustments or 9 on dynamix works perfectly fine.
I can attest that only 3 settings works for everything I need.

Hopefully this is beneficial to someone in the future.

·
Premium Member
663 Posts
You cant add IQS to Dynamix. You would have to remove the Dynamix adjuster to add the IQS one. The reason why you can add it to the Smart Shox is that their electronic adjuster is hooked up through the shock shaft. There is no adjuster on the reservoir so it has a place to install the IQS adjuster.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I might be smoking something good but I’m 99.99% sure that shock therapy says it can be added to dynamix. I guess I’ll have to call to confirm but Justin talked about it in a video.
unfortunately I think it was a live video, so it's not a specific video on it.

What you are saying makes sense though. I'll eat my words if I'm wrong but I know what I heard/saw in the videos 😅

I'll report back when I get an official answer

·
Registered
653 Posts
You cant add IQS to Dynamix. You would have to remove the Dynamix adjuster to add the IQS one. The reason why you can add it to the Smart Shox is that their electronic adjuster is hooked up through the shock shaft. There is no adjuster on the reservoir so it has a place to install the IQS adjuster.
Okay, i just got off the phone with shock therapy and they Confirmed, that you CAN add IQS to the dynamix system which gives you a total of 9 settings, 3 per each dynamix mode. This is readily available already but either the shocks have to be sent in or machine brought to them.

One day I'll find the video. I've watched every video they have made since the beginning of 2020.. but I think it's from the last 6-8 months.

So there you have it. I don't know how they make it work but it's s reality 😝

I know I make mistakes, but i do my best not to put out bad info.

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I am going off memory here.... but I believe I did see a ST video where Justin stated that they are working on something that would allow IQS to work on top of the Dynamix system or smart shock.
I believe he was talking about it being used as additional level of adjustment that allows the user to further adjust the working range of the smart shock by having 3 different levels soft, med ,hard. The Dynamix system or Smart shock would still do everything the same as it normally does within these 3 ranges but it adds a wider range of valving ... At least that is what I remember hearing in the video ...it was several months ago

Reactions: INFRNL

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
Whoops ...I guess I was a little late on that one ..LOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts