Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 08 rzr 800 and I'm trying to find some forward control arms to get the front tires away from the floorboards. Superatv says you have to have new axles with theirs if you have a 3" lift, true? SuperATV also shows to be out of stock and I talked to a guy there and he told me mid Oct before they get some. Does anyone else make some at a decent price? They can be arched or just normal forward arms. Not looking to break the bank lol. thanks.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I would not buy SATV forward a arms..Them guys have great service and are really nice people but the sad truth is that their products are not that great..my buddy bought some forward a arms from them and on the 3rd set he got a set that the ball joints were in good enough shape to put on..In my experience it is 50/50 whether or not your going to get a good product..

If you do get a good product then from what I hear its awesome but if you get a bad one then it sucks..

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll keep that in mind on the arms, but I've heard great things about their other products such as s conversions and bracket lifts. Any other brands out there for forward arms?

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll keep that in mind on the arms, but I've heard great things about their other products such as s conversions and bracket lifts. Any other brands out there for forward arms?
I have the s conversion kit with inch and a half offset.i am on my third upper a arm set because the ball joints just wouldn't stay in. The axles are great and the shocks seem to be okay too but when I first got them they leaked within 30 miles. The service is great but I had to pay shipping for all that bullshit too.

·
Registered
235 Posts
My +5 conversion kit with total of 115 miles:

Clicking front axles
Twisted boots on axles
2 bad boots on axles
4 bad ball joints
2 ball joints fell out while riding on separate occasions
Kit was beat to hell from poor packaging
Warranty on arms took 2 months to return
Sent wrong package under warranty,sent me a +6 kit that was also beat to hell, package sounded like a rain stick from all the weld slag in the box and loose powder coat.
Won't let me return without agreeing to pay shipping both ways and minimum 10% restocking fee. About $450-550 loss.
Powder coat on some parts can be completely stripped of powder coat with fingernail, metal under powder is almost black from not being cleaned before coating
ETC,ETC.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, I see you guys don't care for superatv, but back to the question here...... anymore ideas on other brand forward arms? All the complaints don't really help me with my issue lol.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I do not know of anyone else that sells forward a-arms..I dont know about the rest of the stuff because I havent shopped for it

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I would not buy SATV forward a arms..Them guys have great service and are really nice people but the sad truth is that their products are not that great..my buddy bought some forward a arms from them and on the 3rd set he got a set that the ball joints were in good enough shape to put on..In my experience it is 50/50 whether or not your going to get a good product..

If you do get a good product then from what I hear its awesome but if you get a bad one then it sucks..
I didn't think their a arms came with ball joints. Don't you have to reuse yours?

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
my buddies came with ball joints and they were crap...All three sets he got

·
Registered
2,190 Posts

Clicking front axles
Twisted boots on axles
2 bad boots on axles
4 bad ball joints
Sent wrong package under warranty,sent me a +6 kit that was also beat to hell, package sounded like a rain stick from all the weld slag in the box and loose powder coat.
Won't let me return without agreeing to pay shipping both ways and minimum 10% restocking fee. About $450-550 loss.
Powder coat on some parts can be completely stripped of powder coat with fingernail, metal under powder is almost black from not being cleaned before coating
ETC,ETC.....
ok, I see you guys don't care for superatv, but back to the question here...... anymore ideas on other brand forward arms? All the complaints don't really help me with my issue lol.

He is trying to keep YOU from wasting money as most of SuperATV parts are from CHINA !!!!! Why do you think they are out of stock untill "mid Oct" ?? :rollfinger: :rm_thumbdown:

These are good forward a-arms, but might "Break Your Bank"

Polaris RZR 570

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Clicking front axles
Twisted boots on axles
2 bad boots on axles
4 bad ball joints
ETC,ETC.....

He is trying to keep YOU from wasting money as most of SuperATV parts are from CHINA !!!!! Why do you think they are out of stock untill "mid Oct" ?? :rollfinger: :rm_thumbdown:

These are good forward a-arms, but might "Break Your Bank"

Polaris RZR 570
is anything made in America anymore? very little if any lol

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
Ji, your answer is @
amstarmanufacturing.com
I inspected there A-arm conversion last week and ordered the system right there. The components are massive ansd a lifetime warranty, no questions asked,
John

·
Registered
284 Posts
I have SATV +6 kit... it has a 2" front and rear off set. I love it. No negative issues so far. I believe that the +6 kit is built a little beefier than their +5 conversion. Take a look at their pics on their web site. You can see the difference.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I have had no issues with the SATV forward a-arms. The issue I had was the crappy 2011 front stock axles having boot pinching issues. My ball joints (ones that came with the arms from SATV) are still tight. I used a needle and shot a little more synthetic grease under the boots before installing them though.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Mine also came with them but that was almost 2 years ago

1 - 20 of 31 Posts