Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What irks you on ANY forum? A form of forum venting.

One of mine:

Those who want others to find the info for them instead of spending a few minutes to TRY and do it themselves.

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
5,713 Posts
Vague or Generic Thread Titles ( IE "Help", "Need Help", "It Broke", "Need Advice" )
Threads in the completely wrong section
Spam
Grammar and Context
Double / Cross Posting

Posts Like This:
"My machine is broke, how do I fix it"
with no other information at all

Posts like this:
"I broke a ball joint, why?"
and then 25 posts and 2 days later after everyone had tried to patient and help
"Well I hit a rock doing about 50, would that have caused it?"

I'm happy to help anyone about 99% of the time...but sometimes, I just gotta shake my head lol

·
Premium Member
2,376 Posts
Members that wont give any basic location in there profile ...and then use a weird flag the size of a pin head to tell us where they are in the world ..

Reactions: Gene Bond

·
Registered
159 Posts
I agree with the OP, I hate when a new person joins a forum to ask a question and then some jack wad says "try Google". Often times if you Google a question about a topic it takes you to a forum, that is how they got here to begin with. I also find it odd when someone comes on and asks a question and everyone is giving the proper advice yet the poster tries to find a flaw in every answer and a reason to ignore the correct answer/advice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I agree with the OP, I hate when a new person joins a forum to ask a question and then some jack wad says "try Google". Often times if you Google a question about a topic it takes you to a forum, that is how they got here to begin with. I also find it odd when someone comes on and asks a question and everyone is giving the proper advice yet the poster tries to find a flaw in every answer and a reason to ignore the correct answer/advice.
I call those people ASK HOLES

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
When someone comes on screaming that their polaris is a pile of 💩 cause it broke after jumping a house with the throttle mashed on landing. Or drove through a lake, or drilled a boulder at 60. For what we pay these things should take it. I’m buying a can am!!!

·
Banned
0 Posts
People who ask for advice, get it, and then say "well, I already knew what I was going to do, and I don't agree with you." Then why did you ask?

Reactions: LinkedXJ

·
Registered
698 Posts
My biggest pet peeve, just on this specific forum..

Is when someone asks about something specific.. A roof, wheels or tires, or something like seats, and then
9 vendors start making new threads or posts about roofs or windshields or whatever was being asked about.

·
Banned
0 Posts
People who make non-descript thread titles, such as "Help". I usually just skip past these.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
Don’t think that’s what the OP said. And as to suggesting folks search first, as I think the OP was actually suggesting, it seems pretty reasonable to me. I hate nothing more than asking a question here a finding out it’s been answered 25 times. In the last month. Bad on me

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My biggest pet peeve, just on this specific forum..

Is when someone asks about something specific.. A roof, wheels or tires, or something like seats, and then
9 vendors start making new threads or posts about roofs or windshields or whatever was being asked about.
hello Linked! I finally placed such a poster on “ignore”. just sayin...

·
Registered
29 Posts
The only Pet Peeve I have is to be on a Brand specific Forum and some seem to feel it is OK to bash the Brand , but in all reality if they actually did the proper maintenance , did not beat the machine to death and cause their own problems , none of the brands are perfect , accept the responsability for the things that they do themselves.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts