Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about an XP. Is your XP just as good or better than your 800 was/is on rocky roads like Taylor Park Colo. or rock climbing like Moab? I've heard the trailing arms aren't as good as a-arms for these trails. Any other plus or minus?
Thanks

·
Registered
578 Posts
I do a lot of riding. The trailing arms have rubbed a few times but never affected me on the trail or stopped my forward motion. I did install Pro armor sliders on them. I will never regret going to an XP versus an S. Best choice my Wife and I made.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have owned both and if I had a Do over? The XP would be the choice. Although the S is all I really needed.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My S (with skids and other after market stuff) has done everything I ever expected and much more.
I mostly ride rough trails and rocks, not too much in the sand. I ride the open desert too and would like a faster smoother ride so I was thinkin' 'maybe an X would the thing'. Just don't want to sacrifice the rock climbing and steep uphill ability.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
If you do SERIOUS rock crawling, then i can see the XP being a little less preferable, but we do some pretty rocky jeep trails and i have never had any problems with the XP. I really dont think it will be a problem for 90% of people.

I will say though that one of my friends with an XP has complained that he gets hung up frequently after putting polaris trailing arm guards on. They are all aluminum and do not slide over rocks like other brands. I would definitely suggest looking at the pro armor guards that have UHMW on the bottem of the guards. They slide over rocks and logs much better then aluminum. My friend was planning on buying some after he saw mine, he was that unhappy with the difference the polaris sliders made.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts