Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed my racertech replacement springs on my stock sachs shocks today and got a little bit of seat time in this morning. Was kinda worried because Ive found NO reviews on them. So far Im impressed. I went with the heavy rate replacement springs because Im a bigger guy and carry a passenger and gear. Ive probably gained 2 inches over the stock springs cranked all the way up. Im going to get alot more seat time in this weekend and I will update but so far so good. I am however little disapointed I didnt get any cool racertech decals to advertise for them :headbang:

As far as the ride, yea its a little stiffer but hey I expected that. Was very leary after talking to a local atv mechanic but all is well. I will get a little more seat time and update

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Sounds like Ben has a good start I should have mine the end of next week.I have been writing down dim for ride height and riding the same areas that I bottom out on so I should have something to compare to.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I searched and searched for reviews on these finally decided to Br the guinea pig

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well im glad your trying them. I just wasn't sure is the shocks them selves were good enough to put better springs on. Must be though if there selling them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea but had a lot of trouble finding anything on SACHS replacements

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I was going to buy these springs until I got to looking at my saches and noticed two of them were shot after 300 miles and I only ride slow..I had to buy new shocks before something bad happened and caused more damage

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Trip got cancelled last week and haven't got any seat time in yet but I will let you guys kno ASAP

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have had these springs on my sach shocks since march of this year. For the money they are a good spring replacement. Look at my signature to see all the racer tech products I have on my rzr's. Racer tech has one of the best products and customer service.

·
Registered
43 Posts
How difficult was the removal and install of new springs? Can a guy with a good set of tools and above average mechanical skills do the spring swap? Want to make this my next upgrade.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I went to autozone for the spring compressor tool. The tool will work on removing the old springs but the new springs are wound tighter so I could not get the spring compresser to work on the new springs. I look them to a automotive shop to get the new springs installed.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I changed the springs on my wife's 50" using ratchet straps. It was a pain, but I thought I had read on here that spring compressors don't got right. It wasn't real bad though.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
NorCalRzr-S
4,996 Posts
I replaced my Sachs with Racertech springs and did it myself. It's tough without the proper tool, but doable. Love these springs

DevilDoc Junior

·
Registered
97 Posts
i have the springs along with a 2" racertech lift and honestly love it. mainly do mtn riding and rarely go all out, but the ride isn't as rough as some have said.
use a ratchet strap looped over the spring and around the frame and you can compress it as you push the shock back into place. worked well and was free.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts