Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Matt
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've fabbed up a gun rack that slides and pins into the passenger grab handle. It holds 2 guns and looks/works excellent. I'll post some pics once I can get time but do ya'll think this will sell? The only rack I've seen is a scabbard and I absolutely hate those things because what if you need to make a quick shot...and it limits your road huntin'. Anyway, the passenger can stradle the guns and it can be taken out just as easy as taking out the pass grab handle. I'm seriously thinking about making a few and seeing how it flies. What do ya'll think? Pics are coming...:popcorn:

Okay, remember this is a prototype and I just used scap materials I had laying around but the idea will be the same.

RZR Gun Rack 004.jpg

RZR Gun Rack 005.jpg

RZR Gun Rack 002.jpg

I used 1" square tubing, 1" round stock, 2 muffler clamps, 2 nuts, 4 Ubolts (welded them together) and cut up the bottoms of a 8" purlin to make the bottom of the unit. With the correct materials I might be on to something...what do ya'll think?

·
Registered
999 Posts
I like it send me a set and I will do the field testing for you.

·
mudweiser-z71
379 Posts
i did something a little different. i rotated my grab handle 90 deg.; drilled a new hole and replaced the pin. i then used a rachet strap and secured my koplan gun boot to my handle in a 45deg angle works for me..

·
Registered
194 Posts
Looks good - I did the Polaris Gun Mount

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've fabbed up a gun rack that slides and pins into the passenger grab handle. It holds 2 guns and looks/works excellent. I'll post some pics once I can get time but do ya'll think this will sell? The only rack I've seen is a scabbard and I absolutely hate those things because what if you need to make a quick shot...and it limits your road huntin'. Anyway, the passenger can stradle the guns and it can be taken out just as easy as taking out the pass grab handle. I'm seriously thinking about making a few and seeing how it flies. What do ya'll think? Pics are coming...:popcorn:

Okay, remember this is a prototype and I just used scap materials I had laying around but the idea will be the same.

View attachment 20128

Very cool, the pictures show it very well. It almost seems difficult for a second rider however, I suppose you can add the long guns after the passenger gets settled in.

Got my interest!

---John

View attachment 20129

View attachment 20130

I used 1" square tubing, 1" round stock, 2 muffler clamps, 2 nuts, 4 Ubolts (welded them together) and cut up the bottoms of a 8" purlin to make the bottom of the unit. With the correct materials I might be on to something...what do ya'll think?

·
Matt
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Ok, this is what I came up with and its perfect. Fit is snug and is exactly what I was trying to achieve but there is no way I could sell them because the parts cost too much. I bought a Kolpin universal UTV gun mount at Gander Mtn but I've also seen them in Cabelas. I have $85 tied up in it.

Basically I just welded a 3" piece of 1" OD pipe to the gun mount and painted it. Very easy and I'm surprised Polaris hasn't done something similar...but I guess that's where we come in.

I give up on posting the pics. Check my gallery.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I just used a single rubber mount and with the mounting hardware that came with it to securely hold a gun in the grab handle mount. Biggest problem was keeping my gun clean on the way and back from my hunting spot.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts