Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard pavement is hard on the OEM tires. Let’s say you have to drive on a stretch of pavement when connecting up a couple of jeep roads. If you are running around 12lbs in the dirt, would you air up for just a few miles of pavement? How about for 5 or 10? Guidelines or advice?
Thanks,
Jay

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
I have Tensor tires if I'm only going to be on pavement I run my tires at 15 pounds. We are street legal here in Utah so I ride a lot just on the roads. When I'm down in Moab I air my tires down to 8 pounds. I drive on pavement to get to the trails. I do have to just be careful on the streets with the lower air. You can watch the wear on your tires and see if you have to much air or not enough.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
Road probably 5 or 6 miles of pavement this past weekend, maybe a little more on a brand new set of tires... didn't even think twice about it.

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
12 psi is fine. It's the right and left turns that are hard on the rear tires. You'll be fine.
Unless you've set the toe to 0, factory specs for most are about 1/8-3/16 inch toe-out. Front tires will wear on pavement.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
The Lone Rzr
2,085 Posts
1700 miles on oem tires and at least 50% on pavement
EZily get another 1000 miles out of them
12 in front and 14 in back and never air up.
Rears wear quicker especially if you make a lot of sharp turns on pavement due to lack of differential and negative camber

·
Premium Member
7,281 Posts
Rears wear quicker especially if you make a lot of sharp turns on pavement due to the differential and negative camber
Differential? What differential? That's a straight axle with U-joints for flex. :grin:wink

EDIT: I think it'd be more accurate to call it a transaxle. Except a transaxle, by definition, includes a differential. A real one.

·
Premium Member
1,449 Posts
rear axle is a like a spool in a race car, no differential.

Speaking of pavement, anyone ever get their RZR to do the three wheel thing, while going around a corner like the trophy trucks do on pavement ? It looks cool...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts