Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2019 Turbo S with Ride Command. I added a V2V antenna to it and it works great.

I have done the Ride Command updates on a regular basis, and have heard about a "bread crumbs" or "Follow me" where you can select someone in the group to be the group leader and the other riders will see their track or "breadcrumbs" as the ride progresses.

I've actually read posts of folks stating they have used this function, though they may have been using the phone app, not the In car system.

I have not figured out how to activate it on my Ride Command unit.

Did they get rid of that function? Did it never exist on the in car systems? Would be fun to play with. I would use that more than the satellite imagery they recently added.

·
GPS GURU
401 Posts
I can set a leader and see where they are, how fast they are moving but I cannot see their trail... never have had that function. Usually I’m the map maker of the group and I load the trails in all the cars so in that event they are usually following the paths I’ve made so then I can see exactly where they are on the roads I’ve imported.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can set a leader and see where they are, how fast they are moving but I cannot see their trail... never have had that function. Usually I’m the map maker of the group and I load the trails in all the cars so in that event they are usually following the paths I’ve made so then I can see exactly where they are on the roads I’ve imported.
Im the map make and ride leader in my group too. A few of my group have ride command units. A few others have purchase Voyager Pro Units, which are compatible with ride command units (I heard Polaris bought the company), and yet a few others are running backcountry navigator. Being able to see each other's location has saved us a few times where folks have missed turns. from your Username I wonder if you are in Vegas? I was until about 6 years ago. Moved to Pahrump and love it.

·
GPS GURU
401 Posts
Im the map make and ride leader in my group too. A few of my group have ride command units. A few others have purchase Voyager Pro Units, which are compatible with ride command units (I heard Polaris bought the company), and yet a few others are running backcountry navigator. Being able to see each other's location has saved us a few times where folks have missed turns. from your Username I wonder if you are in Vegas? I was until about 6 years ago. Moved to Pahrump and love it.
I am, I work as a Professional Land Surveyor here in town.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am, I work as a Professional Land Surveyor here in town.
Small world. I was a surveyor in the Air Force for 20 yrs. retired and now I work as a contractor doing GIS and Mostly complain about the crappy survey work of the new military guys compared to how we "Old School" guys did it. lol

·
Registered
97 Posts
ive been looking for these same answers. Most of my friends use their phone, but i want to use my in-dash. I haven't been diligent to start the ride command prior to heading out, but I don't see my buddies on my screen, nor do i see the functions Crashbot asked about.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
It does exist for the in car version. My buddy used it all winter down south, I believe it's in the latest updates. I haven't updated mine for a while so I couldn't see his crumbs but he could set it to see mine, pretty cool feature.

·
Registered
97 Posts
those features must not come up until you're actually in a group ride. I'm up to date on my software and don't see any of those options/features.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
You have to go into group rides and form a group then all must join. I believe even phone users can join but not positive. As far as setting it up for crumbs I'm still in the dark, he explained it but since I couldn't do it due to not on latest update it went in one and out the other. It's on my list of things to get done, somewhere below rebuild front diff and get new tires on and a little paint touch up after Moab got through with me.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You have to go into group rides and form a group then all must join. I believe even phone users can join but not positive. As far as setting it up for crumbs I'm still in the dark, he explained it but since I couldn't do it due to not on latest update it went in one and out the other. It's on my list of things to get done, somewhere below rebuild front diff and get new tires on and a little paint touch up after Moab got through with me.
Im on the latest version of the software. I have created groups with several folks joining We do this on all our rides now. I couldn't find an option to set someone as leader or anything of the sort.

Phone version does not work with the vehicle version if the vehicle version is set to Vehicle to Vehicle. Groups cant be mixed. Phone App group can be joined by a vehicle based ride command that is Bluetooth tethered to a phone and has Vehicle to Vehicle group ride turned off. If in vehicle to vehicle mode, no phone connection is necessary, but only works with other vehicle to vehicle in car systems.

·
Premium Member
1,096 Posts
Im on the latest version of the software. I have created groups with several folks joining We do this on all our rides now. I couldn't find an option to set someone as leader or anything of the sort.

Phone version does not work with the vehicle version if the vehicle version is set to Vehicle to Vehicle. Groups cant be mixed. Phone App group can be joined by a vehicle based ride command that is Bluetooth tethered to a phone and has Vehicle to Vehicle group ride turned off. If in vehicle to vehicle mode, no phone connection is necessary, but only works with other vehicle to vehicle in car systems.
I'm going to try to get mine updated this week then i'll have him stop by and walk me through how to do the crumbs set up, I'll post what I find out. Probably be a couple days.

·
Premium Member
2021 RZR Turbo S 4 Velocity Orange Madness
22 Posts
Question for all of you, is ride command an accessory you order on your unit, or is it dealer installed.
Thanks for any replies.

·
Registered
997 Posts
After you guys are in a group ride. Do you click on the vehicle you want to follow? You can select a leader by pressing the pop out tab on the right then selecting the leader. It will make him the leader and should leave a line to follow

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After you guys are in a group ride. Do you click on the vehicle you want to follow? You can select a leader by pressing the pop out tab on the right then selecting the leader. It will make him the leader and should leave a line to follow
I have pressed the pop out tab on the right which causes the list of riders in the group to slide out where you can see it. Clicking on one of the riders has had no result in the past. I'll try it again next time out with a group.

Are you saying you've had it work properly? if so, are you in V2V mode or using phone service?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts