Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard that the sand drags at the north end of Florence were going to open next weekend. I drove by today to see where it was and what it looked like. It looked like they still need to move some sand around and get things set up...

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Cliff --

Whats the complete story on this track and where is it exactly??

Although it doesn't do me much good as I'm in Havasu for the Winter -- Where today it was in the low 90's ............ Nice and dry !!

Oh -- And I did go for a 25 mile Putt -- Around the Island then Hit the Hill Climbs north of town. Course then I had to go back to Town for Ice Cream .......

And i do this most every day ....... Now - Tell me the story of this track ............. It's gotta be in my back yard there ........

:ride:

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is on the north end of town on hwy 101. (just north of Fred Meyers)
It is behind the sand park where kids rent sand boards.
They are using word of mouth advertising.

Supposedly they will have a light tree and timing station for the 300' strip.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
When you mentioned north of town -- Thats where I peged it being. I'm just behind that area.

Hopefully this will be a permanent track -- Hope it lasts till I get back in the Spring !!

As time passes -- Post what you find out -- Safety equipment/track schedule/price, etc.

Thanks .........

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I sniffed around and ran across this blurb:

SATURDAY – OCTOBER 16
10am - 6pm

FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY!
KIDS TO PRO’S!
Your chance to run a 300 ft. sand drag track with pro timing lights
Get your run times * Race your friends
ATV’s UTV’S SPECTATORS WELCOME!
Adults Race All Day - $25 * Kids Under 12 - $10
Gate Fee - $5 per person (includes spectators)
Overnite Camping - $10 per vehicle
FLORENCE SAND RACE PARK
Hwy 101 just 1/8th mile north of Fred Meyers
For more Information contact:
[email protected]

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Go to my website Fullerton Sand Sports - Distributor of Performance Tires & Wheels I have a flyer posted there for the event and the track. Go to their Facebook page for more pictures.

Great group of guys putting on the race. They do alot of promotion with kids and families.

Oregon Off Road Racing Association will be running lights and timing at Florence Sand Drag track same crew from Dunefest.

The facility will have free camping and easy parking for racers and spectators.

If you are able to attend to race or support, go to my website for details.

Dave - FSS

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I don't know where LBR is, thought he would have posted this here, it is on another of the sites we belong to. There is a big sand berm that will act a a sound buffer.
Click on the picture.

·
Force it
75 Posts
So is anyone going to make it up there I live down in Coos Bay and would like to come up and meet some of you guys to go ride with.

I may try to bring my YFZ450 but I just had shoulder surgery so I may not be able to run it.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Two of us from brooking will be comeing up I my race but it depends on how my shoulder
is doing I rolled my rzr a few time and am still a bit betup from the other weekend.
Travis I am at the mrytlewood factory every other weekend if you are ever looking for someone to go with I am always going if I aint mrytlewood I am at winchster one or the other all the time I cant get most of theis lazy ass up to go from hear brooking is perty laid back town
L,J

·
Force it
75 Posts
Two of us from brooking will be comeing up I my race but it depends on how my shoulder
is doing I rolled my rzr a few time and am still a bit betup from the other weekend.
Travis I am at the mrytlewood factory every other weekend if you are ever looking for someone to go with I am always going if I aint mrytlewood I am at winchster one or the other all the time I cant get most of theis lazy ass up to go from hear brooking is perty laid back town
L,J
Cool, My Wife work up the road at Steves ATV and keep my bike and rzr there. Just Hit me up on here or go up the Steve's and ask Ceecee (my wife)to get a hold of me next time you are up.

·
Registered
656 Posts
That is funny you keep yours at steves I keep my boys atvs at the mrytlewood factory wayn rents them out for me and we split it. I'll be at the M,F about 3:30 on friday-sunday if I dont get a ATF audit on friday they are in town so it maybe sat if they do me, I own the pawnshop in town so we sell alot of guns it is my frist so I hope it goes well. Give me a call and we can hook up my # is 541-254-0267.
Is anyone else going to be at the dunes this weekend if so mybe we can get a ride going

1 - 20 of 43 Posts