Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flag Mount

The main shaft is not threaded to the top so it won't go all the way in far enough into the plate to allow for proper operation. The provided plate does not seem to fit on my car - see alignment issues in the pix. Even if I did thread the main shaft to allow for it to go through the plate as needed, the whip hardware will interfere with the body plastic - see the pix.

I'm thinking that Polaris accidentally specifies that this part will fit my car. OR am I missing something here?

See pix for a more detailed explanation.

I should mention out front that Rocky Mountain is checking it out and has already offered take it back refunding 100% of cost including shipping - that is why I deal with them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's no way I can see that fitting correctly with flag/whip mounting hardware without cutting the bed up.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have all the pieces.

I see you put the plate on with the lip up. I thought the lip was to help it from rotating while holding a flag which will prevent the bolt on the flag from digging into the plastic.

Regardless, My main shaft will not fit into the hole past the threaded section as your does.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, you're correct about the lip being for helping to better hold it in place. First time I used the mount i had a hard time getting it set flat against the machine so I flipped it over for the next ride and didn't have a bit of trouble. Good luck with figuring out what's going wrong! Rocky Mountain is a good company. You should be well taken care of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts