Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have Pro Armor Doors, Super ATV hard top and a front windshield. If I install the reas windshield will it keep the exhaust out of the cab I get with the front windshield on???

·
Banned
904 Posts
Thats a good question. I would think it will help alot. While moving, I think the air going around the windshield and down the side would keep it from going into the "window" area of the door. I think without it on there it is creating a suction and pulling it in where the rear glass would be.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ok I have Pro Armor Doors, Super ATV hard top and a front windshield. If I install the rear windshield will it keep the exhaust out of the cab I get with the front windshield on???
Yes, I installed a Tusk folding rear windscreen, $42 shipped from Rocky Mtn. ATV, and it keeps dust and exhaust out. You can also do a downturn on your exhaust pipe that will keep exhaust only out. I did both.
Da Blue Toad :redrzr:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok I have Pro Armor Doors, Super ATV hard top and a front windshield. If I install the rear windshield will it keep the exhaust out of the cab I get with the front windshield on???
Yes, I installed a Tusk folding rear windscreen, $42 shipped from Rocky Mtn. ATV, and it keeps dust and exhaust out. You can also do a downturn on your exhaust pipe that will keep exhaust only out. I did both.
Da Blue Toad :redrzr:
Ya I was hoping it would help. MDW really likes the front windshield but from the exhaust we were gagging bad. The one your talking about above is the soft one?

I have a Gibson after market exhaust with like a 2" tip on it but I will look at that to to see if I can find some sort of slip on angled type thinga mugiga I could attached to it.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I looked some of the rear windshield up and they have full, short from the top and short from the bottom. What kind would give me the best results for the exhaust. Geezz ?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Ok I looked some of the rear windshield up and they have full, short from the top and short from the bottom. What kind would give me the best results for the exhaust. Geezz ?
Full, for sure. My angled tip came from O'Reilly's Auto Parts, think it is 1 3/4". I have it mounted on a custom exhaust I made from universal parts,

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/44527-triple-pass-universal-muffler-install.html

Pics don't show the angled tip, but I removed the spark arrester from the stock muffler and installed it in the end of the exhaust pipe and used the bolt to hold both the angled tip and the spark arrester in place.
Da Blue Toad:redrzr:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Full, for sure. My angled tip came from O'Reilly's Auto Parts, think it is 1 3/4". I have it mounted on a custom exhaust I made from universal parts,

http://www.rzrforums.net/projects-how/44527-triple-pass-universal-muffler-install.html

Pics don't show the angled tip, but I removed the spark arrester from the stock muffler and installed it in the end of the exhaust pipe and used the bolt to hold both the angled tip and the spark arrester in place.
Da Blue Toad:redrzr:
Thanks BT. I just looked it up and looks like Gibson makes a turn down tip for my muffler for around $50.00. I'll try that and see how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts