Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While riding over the weekend I bottomed out on some rocks and knocked a hole in the floor under the seat. It was that storage area next to the battery box. Can that be replaced? I would like to replace it then add a skid plate. Also any recommendations on a reasonably priced skid plate? Money is tight right now. Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yea I was looking for a more permanent and stronger fix, lol.
I believe that is a permanent fix and may be stronger, BUT you said "money is tight right now" and the Flex Glue will hold just fine till you have an extra several 100 dollars to replace the floor pan. jmo

·
Registered
180 Posts
Not sure of your year but here is an example of cost for a 900 50":
  • Ref:
  • 2637566-070
    ASM-FLOOR,MAIN,BLK | [INCL. QTY 8 OF 3]
    This part replaces 2635388-070.
    Price: $266.99

• Ref:
    5439770-070
    PANEL, REAR CLOSEOFF, LOWER, BLACK
    Price: $205.99

·
Registered
1,259 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
I fixed a 1 inch hole with piece of plastic and jbweld for plastic . It was even black. 6 months and 200 miles . No issue. $12 repair good enough until something big.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe it's that rear close off panel I need. That price isn't too bad. Any idea about how hard the installation is? For now I cut a piece of pressure treated plywood the same size as that compartment floor and screwed it in from the bottom then painted it.

·
craigstumph
12,087 Posts
While riding over the weekend I bottomed out on some rocks and knocked a hole in the floor under the seat. It was that storage area next to the battery box. Can that be replaced? I would like to replace it then add a skid plate. Also any recommendations on a reasonably priced skid plate? Money is tight right now. Thanks.
SuperATV Skids are the lowest cost for 1/2" skids. SSS is probably a good deal on 3/8". Factory UTV is probably the best. Trail Armor is also another good one. Which machine do you have?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This is that open compartment that's adjacent to the battery compartment, you can see my battery at the top.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Do you have an old license plate? Cut to size and rivet into place.

2019 Polaris RZR 570 (EPS)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the idea about fishing through it. This space looks too small to fit a second battery compared to the size of the current battery location.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Aluminum bent to fit as a box , slow set epoxy with countersunk holes before bending if you need flush surface inside , washer on outside to spread the load. Pop rivets or countersunk screws. If raised heads are ok in box shallow panhead screws with washer and nut outside. Stagger double row usually works good for plastic or fiberglass with metal overlay repairs. l would use countersunk screws and all 4 sides and bottom pieces. .032 aluminum Should do fine.
6061 or 5052 aluminum bends usually easy without issues . should be under $40 .

1 - 20 of 33 Posts