Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1101 - 1120 of 1149 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Then remove the front pinion. The bearing looks slightly different, the numbers are different, 5306A is the one that was in mine. Putting the BMS 5306 in, also looks like the shoulder of the bearing is smoothed a little bit more. Also the washer has to Ben moved to the other side of the bearing, towards the outer snap ring.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the sandcraft kit. I ordered the kit a couple weeks ago so I'm happy to install it. I can tell you that the parts that they include in the kit are for superior to what polaris is selling us! None of the dealers in my area know anything about the kit from polaris. Very frustrating! The noise is 100% gone! I also moved the shim the the back of the bearing.

Couple of things that i can tell you to make your life a little easier.

1 If you do replace the outer bearings. (the ones that the hub assembly rides on.) Make sure that the one with the thicker spacer goes in the case side. not the cover side. Didn't make the mistake but can see how it could be done

2 if you have time the spacer that is pressed into the center of the hub assembly should allow the two pieces to move freely (left and right side) if not find a machine shop that can turn a couple .001 off it to make them. will make the car turn better and a lot less heat in the diff. Mine were so tight that once i got them apart i could not assemble them back together.

hope this helps!

·
RIDE-N-AZ
92 Posts
Polaris kit above solved my noise problems. Rattle is completely gone. Polaris would not help me with this at all, ended up ordering and installing it myself. Hey Polaris, your welcome for fixing your issue!!! you suck. Rant over haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2015 RZR 900 4 with this same front diff noise. I called my dealer with the part number posted here and they ordered the kit that Polaris is providing to fix this issue. They are currently sending in a claim to Polaris to be sure they will cover it but they are pretty confident that Polaris will take care of the bill so we shall see. I will post an update as soon as I here back from them.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Polaris kit above solved my noise problems. Rattle is completely gone. Polaris would not help me with this at all, ended up ordering and installing it myself. Hey Polaris, your welcome for fixing your issue!!! you suck. Rant over haha
how hard was the install?

·
RIDE-N-AZ
92 Posts
I think a pictorial how-to exists earlier in this post.
Its not too difficult.

Remove front diff - Hardest part is removing the pin from the pinion to the drive shaft ( if you haven't done it once before already).You need a good long punch and heavy hammer. Some use an air punch to get it free. A handheld sledge worked for me.

Diff tear down - Easy with a good set of snap ring pliers.

Bearing replacement - You will need a press to remove and install the bearing on the pinion gear.

Moving / adding shims - easy

Diff reassembly - Again, good snap ring set required.

Diff installation - Reverse of removal procedure easy.

·
Registered
265 Posts
is there different set ups?
like measure this then use this ect. or is it do it this way and you get the correct result every time?

·
Registered
834 Posts
I do not have a shim on either side on my pinion gear bearing, but the bearing itself is insanely loud. My diff has been loud since day one! I will be rebuilding it with the Sandcraft kit.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just as an update my dealership called me yesterday and said they had the kit in and they sent Polaris my vin number and serial number of my front diff and Polaris did approve to fix it at no cost to me so now I just need to take it to them and let them do the work and hopefully it will fix the noise. Thanks for all the info you guys have posted on here because my dealer had heard nothing from Polaris about this fix. They had tried in the past to get Polaris to fix this issue but they would not do it but that was back at the beginning of 2016 so if your dealer is saying they will not fix it please show them this info and you should be able to get it fixed and if they still will not do it then you need to go to another dealer. I will do another update once I have it fixed and let everyone know the results. Once again thanks for all of the great info this forum has.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Holy moly 78 pages!! I just happened to click on this while browsing the topics since I noticed a vibration/growl sound from my new 2017 S1000 when i'm running in 4x4 in the sand. First trip out, I only heard it when moving along pretty good while on the throttle, never at slower speeds. Is this this noise everyone is talking about? (I could read, but 78 pages is a LOT of reading) I did look back 5 or 6 pages though. From what I am seeing, this is for the 2015-2016, but I have a 2017.

·
Registered
31 Posts
From what I uderstand the vibration your talking about when you have it locked in 4wd is the driveshaft being out of balance so no that should not be this same issue. This issue here is worse when in 2wd and it is not really a viberation but more of a rattle. This front diff rattle sounds about like when you were a kid and would put a playing card on your bicycle and let the spokes hit it to make a noise but about 10 times worse lol.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Can anyone elaborate on the location of the tag on the diff?
I have a winch on top and UHMW skid on bottom, I just dont see it.
Thanks guys

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I finally picked my RZR up from the dealer from having this done along with the recalls. They told me that when they took my diff out to put the shim kit in it that it had a lot of play in it so they contacted Polaris about it and they sent a complete new front diff part number 1333597 which is the same diff everyone has been saying Polaris is installing in the newer 900 and 1000. It is completely silent now and only cost me the gas to haul it to the dealer and back home. Thanks to this forum for all of this info because my dealer would have never know about this if I didn't tell them about seeing it on here.

1101 - 1120 of 1149 Posts