Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m thinking about getting a Polaris pro 4. But I have a 7ft opening in garage I would need to keep utv on the trailer. Is it even possible?

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
No way. The 2-seater is 10.5' long. Obviously 4 seater is bigger (don't have the specs handy).
I think he means 7’ vertically

The possibility of it fitting will depend on your trailer really, and how much of a pain in the ass you’re willing to go through every time you want to move it... and a little ingenuity would probably be needed

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it’s 20ft long 20ft wide and inside is 8’6” tall I’m just wondering if pulling the utv down to the skid plate to get it in the door is possible! Or if someone knows a low deck trailer?

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 7 foot garage door is 83” with the door adjusted to open so that I can use the entire opening.

My Pro XP 4 Ultimate was right on the specs at 73.5” tall...
Plus another inch with 32” tires...
Plus 1.5” for the turn up at the back of the roof...
Plus a bit more after adjusting the preload...
Etc

I really doubt you can get it in the garage while on a trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Aspiring Perfectionist
4,685 Posts
What are the dimensions of your tril
Yes it’s 20ft long 20ft wide and inside is 8’6” tall I’m just wondering if pulling the utv down to the skid plate to get it in the door is possible! Or if someone knows a low deck trailer?
What are the dimensions (length and deck height) of your trailer?

I suspect you can push the trailer in tongue first, then load the rzr, or pull the rzr in, then pull it onto the trailer (at least part way), and then finish backing the trailer in. I don't think you're going to be able to back the trailer in while the RZR is on it tho, unless you have a trailer with an 8" deck height lol.

They also make collapsible trailers if that's something you want to look into

Also, I'm assuming the trailer has to be in the garage due to an HOA rule, or something of the sort?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I back my RZR in the garage, back the trailer in and load the RZR in the garage. My garage is 30’ deep on one side so depth of garage and length of RZR and trailer my be limiting factor.

·
Registered
556 Posts

Not a chance.

Pulling it down to skid plate? You mean fully compressing springs? Seems like a lot of effort. Don’t think that’s gonna work.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Get a winch with the RZR. Back the RZR into the garage as far as you can, then back the trailer up to the RZR again, winch the RZR up on to the trailer.......rinse and repeat as necessary to get the trailer all the way in the garage with the RZR on it.. Reverse the process to get everything out.
Yup, it will be a huge PITA every time you want to go out.

Reactions: RogueVolcom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I live in Las Vegas and the HOA sucks. I need to come up with a plan to park it in the garage in order to justify buying it. But all of you have given me more to think about. I don’t have a specific trailer yet so I don’t have Deck high. I’m not rick so a cool air ride trailer is coo but I can’t afford it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm guessing you'd like to be able to park something else in the garage too...so RZR & Trailer side by side is out of the question?
Unfortunately yes we have a lot of other stuff, and I just moved everything around to get a 10/20 spot open for this!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am trying to figure out a way to fit through a 7' door also. The closest I have come is to back the RZR off the trailer so the rear wheels are on the ground, or on a dolly hooked to the rear of the trailer, and then back the trailer into the garage. When it is time to pull out, you would drive out of the garage and then winch or somehow finish loading the RZR. Pain in the behind, but I think it would work. After I explained it to my wife, she said the solution is obvious- you need to buy a house that is built such that you can modify the garage to put in a 8 foot garage door!

The RZR and trailer must be in the garage overnight, and I am a bit concerned about starting up the RZR at 6 in the morning and loading it. The local group frequently gets together at 7am at a place about 20 minutes away from the subdivision where we want to buy a house.

·
Registered
43 Posts
When considering storing the rzr on the trailer in the garage, do remember the actual door opener. I have about a 9’2” ceiling, but my XPT4 is too long to get behind the motor for the opener to fit on top on top of the trailer.

Like y’all my HOA is a pia about my trailer and it has to be in the garage, even my fenced in backyard is unacceptable. I had to get creative on storing all my other stuff. I‘ve used some ceiling mount hangers for some plastic totes, made shelves, even opened up the area under my stairs that lead into the door to the house. I also store my kayaks and canoe on my trailer once in the garage. It’s the best solution I can find for now.

As far as 6:00 a.m...I’d give them the finger.

·
Registered
556 Posts
FYI, I’m in Henderson. Well, that’s not the FYI part, haha. The FYI part is, if you really need the headroom, you can replace your garage door opener with a jackshaft opener. They install up on the wall directly onto the spring bar running across the header above your garage door.

I install/repair garage doors, and have dealt with these here and there. They do have some downsides, but work well overall, and eliminate that motor and rail hanging down from the ceiling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I store my SxS on the trailer in my garage and it is a PITA. I have the trailer nose in against the wall with a 2x6 against the sheet to protect the wall. I set chocks on each wheel and put jack stands under the frame to prevent the trailer tipping forward or backward. I drive my SxS up on ramps on top of the trailer. Fortunately I have tall ceilings and nothing in the way of driving it up on the trailer. It's doable if you have the right setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an 8 foot door, and my RS1 clears it by 2 inches on my Floe Cargomax trailer. I'm thinking a 7 foot door is a no go, with the cage on.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts