Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Getting ready to add a upper light bar and rear pods. What is best way to get wires through the openings in the stock XP1000 roll bar? Wire fish, or someone had said a shop vac on one hole and cotton ball or sponge on fishing line? Light bar will go down front right pillar and the rear pods will have to go up and over the cab roll bar down through dash

·
Premium Member
2020 900 Trail Fox Edition
692 Posts
Somehow my response came out as a quote.
All three of these methods work I think its just which you feel comfortable in the results who know you may have to try all three. In any case good luck let the forum know which method or methods worked on your rig.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
168 Posts
What worked best for me was tying a piece of a plastic bag to a string (I pulled a single strand out of a paracord rope) and a vacuum to suck it out of the end I'm trying to run it to. Total PITA, but i eventually was successful. Good luck.

·
Flying59
129 Posts
I used the combination of a vacuum to suck at one end and my air compressor to blow the string in at the other. Make sure to remove any burrs on the holes you drill, inside and out.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got it. Stiff wire didn't work so great. Didn't try vacuum. An electricians wire fish is the ticket. The tape has a memory since it is spooled, so it was easy to line it up with the UPPER hole. Start at bottom. Much easier. Had gf stick her pinkie in upper hole and got it. Now have to go from rear lights at cargo box to the front;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts