Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the new buggy at the beginning of the month. I have one weekend on it rode for about 5-6 hours.

Wondering what is the first upgrade you guys do to it?
I’m not a very aggressive driver and more just a trail ride

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,364 Posts
Here is my top 4 upgrades.
1: Harnesses. #1 thing that should be added to a machine that doesn't have them.
2: S&B particle separator.
3: This is a bit of a pricey one but a aftermarket cage is a great upgrade. The stock ones are weak and will collapsed in a major rollover.
4: Duel rate spring kit can go a long way when it comes to a better ride out of your car.

·
Registered
2019 XP4 Turbo S
371 Posts
1: Harnesses. #1 thing that should be added to a machine that doesn't have them.
3: This is a bit of a pricey one but a aftermarket cage is a great upgrade. The stock ones are weak and will collapsed in a major rollover.
4: Duel rate spring kit can go a long way when it comes to a better ride out of your car.
I agree with this and the order as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the input and explanations on them

·
Registered
17 Posts
also have the 21 velocity just a 4 seat
first thing i bought which i had budgeted in before i even bought the rzr was a new cage. stock cage is crap and i didnt even want to drive it with out a new cage.
turbo s already has 4 point harness, i prefer the 5, i feel like it keeps the lap belt part more secure in a good position. but going to run with the stock for now.
full doors were the next thing, velocity only has the half, i was worried about daughters legs going out if we did crash.
next was new helmets, i have had alot of concussions i dont skimp on helmets, i like to get new ones every few seasons.
i mainly ride glamis so paddles where on the list of must have

after that was just some fun stuff, light bar, lighted whips, storage bag/cooler combo for the bed.

i have had alot of bad luck with modified machines and im not that great with a wrench, so i plan on keeping this one stock since i bought the extended warranty. i would like to put a slip on exhaust to get rid of the cat in the muffler. there are alot of threads out there about how much it helps with temps after you get rid of the cat in the stock muffler.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also have the 21 velocity just a 4 seat
first thing i bought which i had budgeted in before i even bought the rzr was a new cage. stock cage is crap and i didnt even want to drive it with out a new cage.
turbo s already has 4 point harness, i prefer the 5, i feel like it keeps the lap belt part more secure in a good position. but going to run with the stock for now.
full doors were the next thing, velocity only has the half, i was worried about daughters legs going out if we did crash.
next was new helmets, i have had alot of concussions i dont skimp on helmets, i like to get new ones every few seasons.
i mainly ride glamis so paddles where on the list of must have

after that was just some fun stuff, light bar, lighted whips, storage bag/cooler combo for the bed.

i have had alot of bad luck with modified machines and im not that great with a wrench, so i plan on keeping this one stock since i bought the extended warranty. i would like to put a slip on exhaust to get rid of the cat in the muffler. there are alot of threads out there about how much it helps with temps after you get rid of the cat in the stock muffler.

Thank you for the input. I have already gotten the light bars and light whips. The 4 point harness seems to be pretty good for me. Helmet is a year old. I am thinking of just getting the inserts for the doors, i was out in Arizona in some fine rocks and I could feel some small rocks come through and hitting my legs.

I did get the 4 year extended warranty on mine as well. I have about 3-4 hours in on it already and I am not sure if the suspension is needing adjusted or if its just the way it is. Even when going straight and you give it some throttle it feels like all the power is going to right rear tire, and it fishtails pretty good.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

I am thinking of doing the K&N intake system as well. If I have that do I need the particle separator, or is it still a good idea to have both?

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,364 Posts
I would just do the particle separator.
Are you talking about the air filter?

·
Premium Member
2014 RZR XP1000
2,364 Posts
You could go that rout but if you haven't got the K&N system I would do the S&B system.
Also I don't know if the full system is replacing the stock air filter but I would absolutely not run a K&N filter! They let small dirt partials to the engine, I would just use the stock paper or the premium air filter.

·
Registered
2021 Turbo S Velocity
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You could go that rout but if you haven't got the K&N system I would do the S&B system.
Also I don't know if the full system is replacing the stock air filter but I would absolutely not run a K&N filter! They let small dirt partials to the engine, I would just use the stock paper or the premium air filter.

Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't have one, buy an air compresssor to blow out the air filter and clutches after your rides. I live in Yuma and cleaning those two areas out is a must after every long run, especially riding in both fine dirt and sand in Glamis.

To make things easier, try getting a quick release pin kit for your clutch cover.

RacingPowerSports Clutch Cover Belt Quick Release Pin Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086LKXQG...abc_29P31AK9WVWYPG7ME4FK?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

A full glass windshield in the desert is a must too.

·
Vendor
330 Posts
@Tbone112219 I sent you a PM for a nice discount on the Zbroz spring kit. That is money well spent, especially after your tenders collapse. We've had nothing but positive feedback on their dual rate spring kit.
My Dynamix came with the roof and lower door inserts, otherwise they would have been pretty high on the list. After that, Windshield, Skid Plates, Winch, Jemco Cargo Box, PRP door bags, PRP Center storage. Let us know if we can help you with any of your accessories.

·
Vendor
330 Posts
Oh and if you ever need it, a Sidewall slug for fixing a tire sidewall tear can be a life saver. You can use discount code SLUGME10 for a discount and free shipping: https://www.hardlineutv.com/products/sidewall-slug-tire-repair?_pos=1&_sid=875a84964&_ss=r.

I'd highly recommend keeping a regular tire repair kit and 12v compressor with you at all times too, even if you are going to carry a full size spare.
And store all your gear in a Jemco! https://www.hardlineutv.com/products/jemco-xp-ii-cargo-box

1 - 20 of 25 Posts