Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So we rode the outlaw trails in Perryville, MD and I got into a couple mud holes. The video is from the last one of the day, I made it through every hole I tried where my buddies Brute didn't. I can't believe how well the RZR does in the mud.

2 downfalls I found with mud riding:

-can't shift weight for traction
-oh my god, the clean-up! I've washed it for 2 hours and dirt still keeps pouring out, I don't think it will ever be clean again. I need to drop the full skids to get it all out... not looking forward to that.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another one my buddies Brute didn't make it through:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Good work, I love a good mud hole-especially when I can get out under my own power without using my winch.
You are right on the clean-up. I frequently get the random dirt clod that drops in my garage from my "clean" rzr.

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
Cool Video's. In the first Video at 1:01 your front drive stopped working?? And can we hear some clicking in the first video or was it something else?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool Video's. In the first Video at 1:01 your front drive stopped working?? And can we hear some clicking in the first video or was it something else?
I noticed the front drive kick out but I was in reverse, I don't know if that was part of it. I didn't notice any clicking but I'll have to look again. Axles are fine as far as I know...

·
Registered
83 Posts
We mud ride all the time. Park that RZR on a slight incline with the nose about a foot higher than the rear and it will wash out cleaner and quicker. But you are still looking at 1 to 2 hours.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I washed it in my drive way that is inclined. It definitely helped. I'll wash it again later this week.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
nice video, you have a 2 inch lift? looks good, i have a question because i wanna do a 2 inch lift, are you running wheel spacers? and if not how much width did you lose with the lift?

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am running 1.5" spacers at all 4 corners. With 26x9 Big Horn knockoffs I'm at 54" wide. When I lifted it, I think it was like 48" wide! Looked goofy as all heck!

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was a little timid but once I was in, I was hooked! I still can't believe how I got through a few holes the Brute couldn't.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The only clicking I was hearing was cameraman noise. Can you point to a specific time in one of the videos?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, its fun in the mud for sure! I feel your pain regarding the cleanup afterwards though...Here is a pic of my xp after washing it for 45 minutes with a 4000 psi pressure washer. I took the bed off to check the intake manifold and top of the motor for dirt. I think I need to fab up some inner fenders for mud deflection.

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm wondering if it didn't glitch from the going from forward to reverse with all 4 spinning!?

·
I am still 16 in my head!
1,947 Posts
I'm wondering if it didn't glitch from the going from forward to reverse with all 4 spinning!?
Might have. Just let em stop from now on. You did a good job in the mud! We use a Water Hose and raise the front ends up high and it keeps the mud from building up anywhere.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts