Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Listen to video
Yfrog Video : yfrog.com/9dimg0785z - Uploaded by KYRenegade

The noise I'm hearing may be completely normal. This is my first RZR and concerned about the pecking or knocking sound.
1200 miles 09 rzr. Hard to pinpoint the noise but it is definitely louder at the oil pan than it is at the valve cover. Removed the cvt cover and hear it there as well but still louder at the oil pan.

The noise does not go away when rpm is raised. I tried raising rpm in gear with the brake on and the noise is still present.
LOL I just noticed my Can Am banner in the background (07 Renegade) Flame away. I did buy a RZR rather than a commander though.

Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
this must be the RZR you bought from Doc Zoom?
I saw it at dunefest a couple weeks ago but didn't listen to it there.

the valves can click if the oil level is low. check that first.

it sounds odd in the cell phone video, but that is probably just the cell phone microphone making it sound different.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Listen to video
Yfrog Video : yfrog.com/9dimg0785z - Uploaded by KYRenegade

The noise I'm hearing may be completely normal. This is my first RZR and concerned about the pecking or knocking sound.
1200 miles 09 rzr. Hard to pinpoint the noise but it is definitely louder at the oil pan than it is at the valve cover. Removed the cvt cover and hear it there as well but still louder at the oil pan.

The noise does not go away when rpm is raised. I tried raising rpm in gear with the brake on and the noise is still present.
LOL I just noticed my Can Am banner in the background (07 Renegade) Flame away. I did buy a RZR rather than a commander though.

Thanks for any thoughts
My 2010 RZR makes a similar noise, I complained about it the day I bought it and the dealer said it was normal. My buddy also bought a 2010 RZR the same day from a different dealer. His also makes the noise, but not quite as bad as mine. I have 750 miles on mine, and so far so good. I've built alot of motors over the years, and I wouldn't be happy if I had built the one in my RZR. The performance is good for a 800, but I dislike the noise. I know the suzuki motor in my CAT, and the yamaha motor in my 700 Grizzly are smooth and quite. I will say my RZR has been good so far, and is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I know what the problem is, it is the LED light bar. They don't work with the Poo Poo motors. Take it off, send it to me. Mine has a Weber motor and it will be fine on mine.
Trust me, I'm a doctor.

·
Premium Member
151 Posts
I thought I told you when you bought it that the hydrocoptic marzel valve was sulfated to the lunar wane shaft and the resulting side fumbling is whats making the noise! You're starting to scare me!
Doc

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I thought I told you when you bought it that the hydrocoptic marzel valve was sulfated to the lunar wane shaft and the resulting side fumbling is whats making the noise! You're starting to scare me!
Doc
I hear ya Doc. I thought you told me it was the high speed canooter valve that engaged the flux capacitor. So many things to remember....what do you expect from a greenhorn.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.