Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well short story here. Bought my first RZR about a month ago. New 2010 RZR S. I knew I would be going to the mud parks so I pulled the stock Bighorns and put on some ITP SS108 black wheels with 29.5 Outlaws skinny/wide combo. I read on here that they do not rub but my front left does rub some in certain turning conditions.....I could crank up the Fox's a little but gonna just put on a Racertech 2" lift and forget it. I wanted it waterproof to the HILT because of past machines I have owned. I would say I wasnt gonna go deep and then you got half a case of adult beverage in ya and you forget all that. I followed the directions on here on how to snorkel. They are VERY GOOD and after reading some install articles on aftermarket kits Im glad I did it. On to the vent lines. I put the Arctic Cat or CanAm accordian bellow thingys on the front and rear diffs to eliminate having to run those lines. I put a 'T' on the tranny and tcase lines to combine them to one and put a screw in barb in my clutch snorkel below the bed line. I ran the gas tank vent to the airbox snorkel and also put the screw in barb to keep it below the bed. The TB had a check valve on its vent so left it alone. Added a dab of silicon on the back of the speedo and put dielectric grease on all the electrical connections. AS for the radiator I ordered the billet cap from Rubber Down Customs but still have not got it in the mail. After many hours of racking my brain on the airbox I decided that a new box was in order. I really wanted the DFR snorkel box but at $500 bucks I just couldnt see that happening. I got the UMP and added the 6" rubber cap from Futuregarden.com. The only hitch I had on installing the UMP box was the clamp that went from the boot to the TB. It just was a little too big for the size of the lip on the TB.....kinda squished some rubber out. It worked but I think a narrower clamp would be better. I smeared silicon on both the box side and the TB side. Okay after all that we went to River Run in Jacksonville this past weekend and had a blast. Went thru everything I put it thru minus some bottoming out and having to get winched. Put it thru water up to my stomach and never had a hitch at all. Went thru a hole that a mud hole in 2wd that a Kodiak with Outlaws all the way around couldnt pull in 4wd. Overall I was really impressed with it. Put it in 4wd only a handfull of times just for "insurance" reasons. The rest just walked the dog in 2wd. Only things I wanna change on it is put some sort of stereo on it, UHMW skids, better CV guards, Racertech lift and a front bumper. Other than that I wouldnt change a thing. Sorry for the long rant....LOL!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Glen, Glad you had fun! As you now know and have proof, the UMP really is water tight with that rubber cap and much cheaper than the DFR. Not knocking the DFR at all, but the UMP gets it done. I also found that I was better off using a thiner hose clamp on the throttle body boot side. Enjoy! I thought about a stereo also. but I'm under water too much.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haha. Thanks man! Well thought about using the stock clamp but there always weak/cheap. Gonna keep an eye out for a thinner clamp. Thanks so much for all the help along the way. UMP and Futuregardens.com rubber cap is the way to go if you wanna get submersible!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts