Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife and I camped at Balsam Woods Camp ground with ATV access from Abbot to Jackman, Maine. Day 2 was the best traveling 98 miles total.
Started in Abbot, 20 miles to Shirley-Miles, 20 miles to the Forks, 30 miles to Greenville, 28 miles back to the campground. we traveled old rail road beds, new and old logging roads and club trails.
Awesome ride for the first time out with our RZR. more PIC's to come

Attachments

·
Registered
839 Posts
Welcome and glad you enjoyed your ride. The RZR is a sweet ride isn't it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcoming us. The trail system here is incredible! the state and local clubs are working on expanding many trails to connect from the east to the north.
Wher you from?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome! we traded a 2003 ATV and an 2002 artic cat snow sled for the rzr and track system for the snow.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I added a couple more PIC's. one cool find was 2 differant family cemeterys. 1 did nor have any marking on the head stone, they were marked with small slabs of slate. the other had markings on the stones, we found one dated back to 1853, the newest was 1901. Pretty coool! not something you would expect to see on a back woods trail.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
Awesome country up there! Glad to see Maine is allowing off road motor sports to thrive. Your set up is a dead ringer for mine! Quick hint if you haven't done so already. Put a piece of styrofoam under your cooler. It is right above the exhaust system. We added a piece under ours, now the ice lasts all day. Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Sounds like you guys had fun.........gonna be registering in ME soon and will be trail riding either on tracks or rubber depending on the snow fly...........................Over

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks for the tip! thanks everyone for the warm welcome. We had a blast! cut off here is Oct.30th for most ATV trail riding due to land owner and hunting safety concern. looking forward to trying out the tracks! should be interesting! We don't have a local ATV club in our town, I'm looking to get one started to help with the expansion of ATV growth in Maine. we have a local snowmobile club not ATV. Something to look over during the winter months for next year. We'll keep adding pic's as we get them from our travels.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Very nice, Maine is a beautiful state.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We went on a ride today, that may be the lat]st one for the ATV season here in Maine, due to hunting season.
We headed out on a trail we've never been on before. we came to this Cool1 bridge called "Smokey's Dream" with aoub an inch an half on each. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves. HOLY! Crap!
:scared2:

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Cool bridge! I would love to ride those trails someday...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I know your wondering why I just posted a picture of a baby.

Well..... Born today January 2 2011, at 9:27am in El Paso TX, my frist grand child!!!!!!!!!!!! Zaria, weighting in @ 7lbs- 1 ounce, 20 1/2 inches long,
A beautyful, healthy, baby girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now here's the coolest thing. Her mother was born on the same day 26 years ago, born at 9:29am, weighting 7lbs-8 ounces and 21 inches long.

How cool is that? and how often does that happen,

Mom, baby & dad are doing great! Yikes I'm getting old, 47 year old grandfather.
wonder if they make a rzr that small.....lol

:welcome1: baby Zaria!

Attachments

1 - 19 of 19 Posts