Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've researched the forum and found numerous heater options for those without power steering and found a few options for those with power steering plus modifications.

Is there a company that makes a heater with defrost for a 2013 rzr 4 900 with power steering that doesn't involve making modifications? My dealer told me the heater from polaris won't work with the machine as is.

Is the major problem with the purepolaris unit simply mounting it in the typical spot? Is the rest of the install the same as an rzr without power steering? If so, could a bracket be built so the purepolaris heater could be installed in the normal spot (if that's the only issue)?

My wife has no problem owning the machine unless a heater can't be installed (deal breaker on the purchase). I live in North Dakota, so a heater is a must, and a good one at that is needed.

If a certain heater works with mods, could you include pics and instructions. The dealer I'm working with will install it, if I can provide him with how to pics and instructions.

Thanks in advance.

·
“Super Genius”
705 Posts
The Polaris heater will bolt up in the standard location just fine. Your dealer is misinformed. ( power steering or not )

The reason pure Polaris ( Heatercraft )doesn't make a (kit) for the xp 900 or 900 4 is because the thermostat housing is too close to some other component, and it can't accept some sort of adaptor that is needed to flow hot coolant when the thermostat is closed.

The solution is to T into the coolant line after the thermostat. The heater works just fine as long as engine temps stay above 180 deg.. But coolant doesn't flow to the heater when it drops below that temp.

I bought a second plastic radiator cover, and covered it with black duct tape. I install it in front of the radiator when I go out on really cold days. It works much like the radiator covers the big rigs use in cold climates. It is easy to pop out if more engine cooling is needed.

That keeps the coolant temps up much better, and still allows ample engine cooling when the fan kicks on. The heater does the job of heating the cab quite well. (With 28,000 BTUs it really can kick out the heat)

P.S.
Be sure they send you the good aluminum T fittings and clamp the hoses well. Plastic fittings won't work.
I got the heater directly from the company in Idaho that makes the heater for Pure Polaris, the company is Heatercraft. Nick had instructions on how to hook it up on the XP. The factory direct cost was $499.99 (208) 687-4400 ext 224

I will post pics of my install later in the week.

·
Premium Member
16,003 Posts
on my standard
i have polaris eps and also a polaris heater
no problem
welcome from colorado

·
2011 rzr 900 xp
3 Posts
hi zrated i gote a 2011 900 and i won't to install a cab heater but i need to now where exactely cut the rubber ose to install the 2 t or y connector on the radiator ose did you have picture please that could help me in my proget thank you sir and have a nice day ps...:very need help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts