Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I've done alot of oil changes but never on something I wanted to run so good for as long as possible!

Looking at my manual it says "6. Reinstall the sealing washer on the drain plug."

Okay when I pulled the plug there was no sealing washer to speak of... unless it stayed on the motor intself... is it a metal sealing washer or what?

I got it back on, not leaks or nothing just want to make sure i'm not missing somthing before I go ride.

Thanks.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Should have been a black o-ring, mine stayed on my plug when i took it out

·
Registered
75 Posts
It is a compressible brass washer, may have stuck to the engine, but you should get a new one each oil change... You can get em at the auto parts store too....hope that helped

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if thats the case, shouldn't the brass compressable ring come with the oil change kit from polaris? Anyone got a pic of what this thing looks like?

If it's a very thin one slightly larger that the mating surface on the plug then i'm good, if not it's getting new oil and a damn seal.

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i went with the oil change kit from polaris and it didnt come with the washer. the origninal was stuck on the drain plug bolt. you can use any aluminum or brass drain plug washer that fits

·
King of crash!
31,882 Posts
any hardwear store will have a ton of them just a plane ol flat copper washer..... and do not over tighten the plug it strips out easy....

·
Registered
509 Posts
The washer is there to seal the plug if it is not leaking oil leave it alone and change it on the next oil change. Keep an eye on it, it is not like if it started to leak you would loose all your oil all at once.

Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
The washer is there to seal the plug if it is not leaking oil leave it alone and change it on the next oil change. Keep an eye on it, it is not like if it started to leak you would loose all your oil all at once.

Mike
What Mike said, you will be fine till next change, Next time you buy a kit just ask the dealer for a new washer.. Im sure he would hook you up.

·
Registered
15,386 Posts
look into using an oil extractor, like the liquivac. it sucks the oil out through the dip stick tube so you never have to pull the drain plug again. it is easier and cleaner.

·
Registered
880 Posts
any hardwear store will have a ton of them just a plane ol flat copper washer..... and do not over tighten the plug it strips out easy....
Just to point out you really need to listen to this tip.The oil drain plug spec is only 16 ft. lbs.
Some of the tranny plugs are in inch pounds and are very easy to mess up!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guy's just looking for a little info. I am an ASE cert. auto tech and my wrench just started flashing on my Razor. It has 360 miles and 51 hrs, reading my manual,it says it is due for a 50 hour service, but it doesn't say what to do. My Polaris dealer say's they can do it for around 400 bucks! Ouch!!!!! What the heck do they do that I can"t???

·
Jack Daniels please..
203 Posts
Hey guy's just looking for a little info. I am an ASE cert. auto tech and my wrench just started flashing on my Razor. It has 360 miles and 51 hrs, reading my manual,it says it is due for a 50 hour service, but it doesn't say what to do. My Polaris dealer say's they can do it for around 400 bucks! Ouch!!!!! What the heck do they do that I can"t???
I can do it for 399.00..

H

·
0 Posts
What can they do that you can't? Not a damn thing! Look at the service chart in the owner's manual..and get'r done.:ride:

·
Registered
46 Posts
hey guys iv been a mechanic for over 20 years....the only time i ever replace the oil plug washer is when i loose one or it leaks....should easily get several years out of the original one...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts