Polaris RZR Forum - RZR Forums.net banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got around to adding something on the new toy.
Used a bar clamp from Axia Alloys and made an aluminum adapter to mount the
Nuvi holder to the Axia clamp. The adapter should be back from black hardcoat in a few days! Just in time for the UTV rally early next month.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Great idea, much cleaner looking than using two clamps! You must be an engineer, nice artwork! Are you willing to make and sell the mounts?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes engineering........I do product and automation tooling design. The clamp was drawn using Solidworks, my primary CAD program.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Axia already makes some really cool mounts and for a decent price. I might build a few more of these mounts if anyone has an interest.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I run the 500. Really like the integrated topo. It has all the forest service roads I ride included with it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I also run the 500, love the Track Back option. Always gets me back to camp:ride: Yes it is dust and waterproof!

·
Grandpa
755 Posts
Where do you get the clamps? Getting ready to order a Nuvi 500.

·
Registered
208 Posts
hi i have been looking at the 500 nuvi also. i saw a 5000 nuvi that has a 5 inch screen and is mp3 compatible, and has a sd chip so u can load the top maps. have you heard anything positive or neg on the 5000. i know it isnt waterproof and it is direct power no battery, but the big screen and mp3 sounded interesting.

·
Registered
118 Posts
How much for the complete mount for the Nuvi?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I only have one left (the first raw aluminum one I took off of my Rzr).... Rzrluvr asked a while back about buying an extra one if I had it, so I will see if he responds first.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts